Week 8 Mirtazapine Withdrawal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello! Me again. I copied this from another post on a different website," One last thing…it seems as if the side effects can seem to have cleared up, only to reappear later…the good news…each time they appear they are weaker." This is where I am after 8 weeks. Still having anxiety, abdominal cramps/pain, interrupted sleep, nausea, weak, headaches, vivid dreams, and fatigue. Did I miss anything? However, all of these are slowly getting better, Like the quote says, I think they are gone, only to have them return, but less severe. That alone creats it's own form of anxiety if you are not expecting it or aware that it happens. Again, this was cold turkey off 7.5. This has been, for the most part, a horrible experience. The sad thing is that I was on 45 mg for over 7 years, and suffered side effects the entire time, and didn't realize that it was the Remeron. It was prescribed by a psychiatrist, who left town, and my general MD said that he would continue the prescription. All those years I was telling him how bad I felt, particularly in the morning when I first woke up, and felt better in the evening, but it never registered that it was side effects from the Remeron. I don't blame him, particularly when the psychiatrists don't seem to be all that informed about what this drug is capable of. I hope that this has been helpful to at least one person. I think that it is helping me to write it. Thanks VERY much for all the replys, feedback, and suggestions while I have been, and still are fighting this. Regards, David

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi David,It sounds like your getting on top of it a bit now,hope so anyway.

i like you was given Mirt by a phsyciatrist about 7yrs ago,45mg,they didn't have much of an affect on me really,then I had a few health issues in that time,so I thought I would WD from them. 

Thats when my problem began,Stomack cramps like you'd. Never believe.im stuck at 12.5 at the moment because the pains in my Tum are hard to handle.  I also take Diazapam as needed to help calm the IBS,but I can't say as it does much.

anyway to get back to what I was going to tell you,last night on UK TV

was the Autopsy of Robin Williams,and he was on Mirtazapine and Lycra two of my meds,and they went into detail what these meds do to the brain.

It would take me to long to go into it,but if you can get to see it,you would find it, I don't know if I should say interesting!!! But worth a watch.

Get well soon.    NORMA 

• Posted

Gosh, that's what I'm on, Mirtzapine and Lyrica ... I want to reduce the mirtzapine.  I'm justing going on them and I can't take the anxiety.
    • Posted

Norma, thanks for the heads up on the autopsy. Every bit of info, whether large or small, will benefit someone. I am still battling with abdominal cramps, nausea, and sleep issues. Also, I get a sense of being short of breath at times. I have been to the hospital twice because of it, and they find no problem, and my blood O2 shows 97 to 99%, normal. Anxiety can cause that feeling, so I guess I am still having anxiety as well. Thanks for the reply and good luck in your battle.
  • Posted

Hi David,

I know it has been a long time since your post.

i contact you because I used to take 15mg Remeron during one year and always felt that the morning were awful and then I was normal in the evening, exactly like you described in your post. Now I took my last dose 8 weeks ago and experimented all kind of awful withdrawal symptoms, some are much better, some not much better and still feel like crap when waking up and just perfect in the evening. Did you also experiment this anxiety in the morning when withdrawing and better in the evening? If yes how long did it take for you to return to normal?

Best whishes.

Nicolas

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.