Weekend are Difficult

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey everyone! It's been a trying weekend. Right now as I'm typing this, my heartis a-pounding. Been watching the Olympics and putzing around the house. It's really hot here so my energy level is low but occasionally I will pop up from the couch and do a domestic chore.

?I woke up again around 5:15, one hour later than the previous night, fed the cats and laid back down again I was playing my relaxing music and my thoughts were pretty clear but my heart was a thumbing.

?My friend wants to have dinner later and I'm anxious about going out. She is a really dear friend but fear once I get there,  I will want to leave. I now may have expressed the same feelings so I know many of you can relate.

?I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow to see if she can get me in sooner than the 26th. I don't think I can wait that long.

?Feeling isolated and alone. I know that I'm not because I have all of you. That does give me some comfort but still feel the same.

?It seems all I do is meditate and my breathing exercises. Sometimes I don't even want to post here. A sad state of affairs.

?Again, I know many feel the same. I guess I'm just venting. Thanks for listening!!

?Sending you all positive vibes!!

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was hospitalized for depression a few years ago and I learned a couple of tricks. The first one is you sit on a chair and put your head between your knees and you breath in through your nose for seven seconds and out your mouth for seven seconds. You do this breath five or six times. Another trick is to "check yourself" when you feel a panic coming on. You ask yourself questions 1- am I in immediate danger 2- am I about to be physically harmed 3- can I make it through the next 10 seconds? You may have to check yourself over and over but it reassures you brain that you are "okay".

• Posted

Those are great ideas. I will give them a try. Thank you for you post!!
    • Posted

I learned soooo much whIle I was there and then fir three months I was in IOP which is intensive out patient, and it was there that u learned so many valuable tools.
  • Posted

Hi Tip, you are not alone! We are all here too, existing in each of our maddening anxieties. This week I met a ex army friend of my other half for first time who talked about his anxiety issues, stemming from his childhood. It affects so many. Weekends are hard, and the meditation and calm music does help doesn't it? If you can try to get some fresh air, get out of house even if for just a few minutes. That's all from me just to say you are not alone!

• Posted

Do yourself a big favor. Ask your friend for a raincheck on dinner tonight. You need to be thinking of yourself first right now...not adding to stress. Just tell your friend you are really not feeling well. That is true....you do not need to tell anything else, Honey  

There are times to push yourself a little...this is not one of them. If it was out for tea close by, then right home, you might think about it.....but not dinner. Take care of yourself. You are doing really well...don't worry about your friend. A friend will understand you are not well, and let it go.

• Posted

OOPs! I just encouraged Tip to go for dinner! Perhaps my own experiences with agoraphobia coloured my thinking there. I always worry when people begin to avoid certain situations because that's what led me into agoraphobia without realizing it.

You are undoubtably correct, Cia, there is a time to rest and a time to play. A time to "face" and a time to give in gracefully. I think I got this one wrong. I apologize to your dear self and to Tip because I should not impose my own fears upon anyone else

Love you Cia biggrin

• Posted

I hear what you are saying cia, but I'm going to give it a try. I have been trying to remain active and my mind is somehat at peace for the moment. IF things worse, I will let my friend know. I know she'll understand.

?It seems that all I do is putting myself first . . . which is good, especially with anxiety. My friend knows about  my anxiety and she is understanding. I know where yu are coming from but I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes.

?As always, thank cia for being there for me. Words can't even express the gratitude.  You are amazing!!

• Posted

You are amazing, Helen....just amazing. Make sure Tip gets your message too, honey.
    • Posted

Well, Helen....Tip has made her own decision, and that's always a good thing. She is getting stronger all the time.

We put it out there, and they choose...perfect, don't you think?

• Posted

Oh, I'm so relieved you said that! I was feeling guilty, Cia. I swear you are the calm voice of reason in all this hysteria...me,  I can be totally useless at times

You've made me instantly feel better. You're right. They make their own decisions. There are times I'm scared of getting it wrong. Can you understand that?

• Posted

I absolutely do, Helen. I remind myself often that my 'job" here is to give my opinion, the best I know how. Right or wrong can't be the point on a forum. People come here to read various opinions and suggestions. Then they decide what feels right for them....or if anything at all feels right.

With my clients, I had to remember just that....I was giving them options, not telling them what they "should" do.

Where else could people get such a huge amount of info. to choose from than a forum, dear friend.

• Posted

I'd hate to come across as self-opinionated sad Please feel free to slap me down if I do. I sometimes think, because I truly want to help if I can,I tend to go over the top and hence I look like a bossy britches...cry There's been times I've cursed that there isn't a delete, amend option when posting. I have a lot to learn, Cia, a hell of a lot

• Posted

Don't we all, Helen. All of life is learning...every day.

I have never heard you come across as self-opinionated, only caring, open, kind and rather wonderful. Everyone you respond to is fortunate to have you reply, Honey.

We all have God given personalities, and one day come to accept that each of us is uniquely ourself. Please, don't try to change one thing about yourself....i would miss the real you!!!!

You are the very last person here I would think of as unthinking. biggrin

• Posted

Thank you, Cia, I really mean that. Sometimes I lack confidence, well, a lot of the time I lack confidence. When I respond I want to get it right. It's so important to get it right, sin't it? So I post and then I worry...lol. Silly ole trout that I am!

Anyway, now I can go to my bed happy after you saying that...my son, reading over my shoulder, said, " Well you are a bossy britches, Ma, but we still love you"

Cheeky sod! I should have beat him as a child instead of smothing him in kisses and thinking he was the most beautiful thing in the world!

Nite nite...hugs aplenty you wise owl smile xxxx

• Posted

If God make you bossy britches, let's assume he/she knew what they were doing!!!lol Nite nite and hugs tight back.

• Posted

Hey Ladies-

?Everything turned out just fine. I appreciate all your support. It tells me that you two truly care.

?I'm blesses to have you in my life.

• Posted

Hey cia, just wanted to touch base with you and let you that everything was great. You and Helen crack me up.

​Thank you for all you support!! XOXOX

• Posted

I'm very glad everything went well....truly.

Helen and I crack me up, too, Tip.

We will always be here to support you dear girl, You should be very proud of yourself....I certainly am proud of you.

• Posted

Bossy Britches, she say, "Fortune Favours the Brave!"

Well done! My chest swelled with pride for you. Now need bigger bras!

Yeah, let's hear it for the girls!  xxxxxxx

• Posted

Helen, life just would not be the same without your sense of humor...larger bra indeed. And where would they sell such a thing...a Big Bag Store?
    • Posted

You rascal! heehee! I can always rely upon you to make me laugh, set me straight when I go off the rails. Big Bag Store Indeed, heehee..More like Big OLe Bag Store!!!

Oh, you are a true delight xxx

• Posted

You ladies are the best!! XOXXOX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.