Weighloss mitrazapine

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone lost the weight they put on while taking this drug after they stopped. Keeping my fingers crossed here x

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not all of it ! Over 10months I put on 2st 3lb ! I’ve been off mirt just over 2 weeks and I’ve lost 11lb! It’s a start ! 
  • Posted

I'm still currently on it, but weaning.

Five weeks ago I started eating really healthy and working out a little. I have lost about 8 pounds in those five weeks. But the mirt made me gain 32 so I have a long way to go. It's a start though! Didn't think I was going to be able to lose weight while on mirt.

• Posted

Ive been on mitrazapine for about a year put on over 2 stone so tapering off down to 15mg now so hoping the weight comes off but dont want too get ill obv . When i was on the 45mg i was eating 100% healthy doing slimming world but nope nothing worked just kept getting bigger think it messes with your metabolism too 😢 X

• Posted

It definitely does! It’s also been hard dieting because I feel hungry all the time and with fewer calories everyday it’s hard to resist snacking. But after almost 6 weeks of eating clean and light exercise I still feel awful. My anxiety is worse and I am slowly wanting to become housebound again. It’s like I keep taking steps backward and it’s really depressing. 
  • Posted

I gained 2 st after going on them, I’m off them about 10 weeks now and havnt lost an ounce lol
    • Posted

Oh no! Stick at it ! Once that awful drug gets out of your system I’m sure you will

Do u still have food craving? Insatiable appetite? The craving food left me almost the day after I stopped taking them - no regrets here! 

• Posted

No, no food cravings but I am being treated for an acid reflux, it’s worse than withdrawals from mirtazapine, ppi’s don’t seem to be working
    • Posted

Oh no me too about 2 n a half ive put on 🙈🙈 none of my clothes fit me xx

• Posted

Have you lost any more weight yet im off them too but not weighed myself yet xx
  • Posted

Hi all 

I’m 18 months Mirt free now but this Mirt W/d’s business is something none of us on here will ever forget so for me as soon as I’d stopped the Mirt / Cold Turkey,  I couldn’t face eating anything processed. Everything tasted so sweet, sickly, so the 3 Stone I’d put on I quickly lost, and whilst being poorly with w/d’s I lost half of it in 8 weeks. 

My bad eating habits have gone and I’m back to the healthy 9-1/2 stone and 5:5. 

I’m feeling myself again and that’s all that ever worried me, thinking I was going to be this nervous wreck forever.  

I’m stronger now than I’ve ever been and that’s because I’ve had to hold onto life, so tight for a long while, the W/d’s seem to take forever but when it’s your time, and you’ve healed, things begin to look beautiful, more than before, so it’s chin up and chest out until then . Good luck 

• Posted

My moods are amazing now apart from acid reflux, laughing at things now I never found funny, even my boys notice a big change in me
    • Posted

Oh thanks vikki for getting bk too me. Ive went from 45mg to 30mg fot about 5 weeks n went down to 15mg since sat nite weird but i feel ok even feel more happier hows that even possible if its an antideprssant i was expecting too feel worse. Im dreading incase its still to come. So youve had no problems coming off i hope this is the same as me. Im tempted too go cold turkey but doctors saying no ive too take it slowly x
    • Posted

Lovely positive words Vikki, I hope I can get back to my normal self again without these horrible tablets. Haven't done anything for me, other than make me feel like a zombie. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.