WEIGHT AND SEE WHAT YOUR NEW KNEEZ CAN BE 2015

Posted , 14 users are following.

Just a little thread for those of us who want to shift some weight in 2015 to help our new knees and life in general

7 likes, 172 replies

172 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm up for this.  I lost some weight before the op and it's been creeping back on.
    • Posted

The lovely thing about here is we have a lot of support. Let's to do it together
  • Posted

That sounds a very good idea, I have lost one stone (14lb) since TKR on 28/11/14 and need to lose another 28lb.  So far doing well, just a few problems with the tendons at the back of my knee.
    • Posted

That's brilliant Liz it can only help. Physically and with confidence. 
    • Posted

Great idea, I lost 5.6 kilo after the op in October but have put 1.4 kilo back on, and have noticed the difference, so I'm in and am sure with all the support we are all good at giving we will achieve our goals this year.
  • Posted

It's here 1st Jan. Time to start my weight loss plan. Going down to boots later to get a weigh in print out. Been too scared to look at my scales but you have to start somewhere.

i used to weigh 27 stone and lost over half my body weight getting down to 12.7. I am guessing I have put on 3 stone after having 2 major surgeries in 3 months. Very ashamed. But  hopefully I'll be able to shift it in a month or two.

have a new knee and a new tummy (skin) now is the time to put it all to use.

2015 will be my year

• Posted

What a brilliant name for your weight loss thread

i wish everyone success in their endeavour  to reach the weight you're most comfortable with 

HAPPY NEW YEAR all 

Jean x

• Posted

Thank you Jean you are a brilliant encourager hope you'll stick around to help us xx
    • Posted

I definitely will stick around to encourage you 

i personally find eating small but often and not eating after 7pm  works for me

and no crash dieting ...eat everything even cakes.  But in moderation 

don't deny yourself your favourite foods ...just save them for a weekly treat 

good luck all 

• Posted

A bit more useless information ....use a smaller plate but Don't pile it so high it falls off the edges ...lol 

take a photo of yourself now and one In 3 months time.... Or use a skirt or a pair of trousers to try on once a week

see them get looser and looser 

• Posted

Oh Jean thats brilliant advice, well Im up for it! I have this one dress left in a bulging wardrobe that fits me!! I used to weigh 9st 7lb now I would only tell everyone here I am almost 11st and I feel it too,so this is it Im 2 months and a bit now and I start swimming this week ( if I can get down the ladder in the pool) I feel very old just now, so I will do this for me!!
    • Posted

Yes Fran 

do it for YOU as you're the one  that matters....after all you've just gone through a TKR  so you can do anything 

• Posted

I do think everyone has an ideal weight after all it depends on bone structure and height ...a super model at 5ft 6 ins ( my height)  will probably weigh about 8 stone ...if I was that weight I'd look like a stick insect...my ideal weight is around 10 stone to 10 stone 7 lbs 

i'm now 11 stone ...I know I'm not a lot overweight but it's still pressure on my knee 

I would like to go swimming but am scared I won't be able to manage the steps into the pool 

Jean 

• Posted

I lost some weight after the op ..but put it back on over Christmas so I'm with you on this 

jean 

• Posted

We can do it. I'm quite apprehensive of this afternoons weigh in. I've been really silly at sitting home and comfort eating. But you need to start somewhere
    • Posted

I am 8 foot tall which makes my weight about right ;o)

The Boots scales tell you all the gory truth.

im sure my knee must weigh a bit and I'm wondering if I can hang any of the weight on the swellings fluid retention

Clutching at straws. Lol

• Posted

It isn't what we eat ..it's the amount we eat that's the culprit 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.