WEIGHT AND SEE WHAT YOUR NEW KNEEZ CAN BE 2015

Posted , 14 users are following.

Just a little thread for those of us who want to shift some weight in 2015 to help our new knees and life in general

7 likes, 172 replies

172 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well it's New Years morning here in Southern California and it's always been a tradition to fix a big breakfast and watch the Rose Parade, then graze on junk food from the holidays while my husband watches the football games, the rest of the day. So, that said, I have to stick with tradition and start my diet Jan. 2nd smile

how did you lose all your weight before? I'm inclined to go back to weight watchers. I always think I can do it on my own, but I have more success with help and encouragement.

good luck ladies - I'd like to lose probably 20 lbs myself. Don't know for sure as I've been afraid to step on the scales! Betty

• Posted

I'd been doing all sorts of diets all my life.  8 years ago our local BBC radio stTion put out a plea for sponsored dieters to raise money for the Wessex Cancer Trust. I applied and was chosen . We had public weigh-ins on air once a month. They gave a personal trainer to give us a kick start for 12 weeks. He was also the manager of a hotel gym and pool. So I was able to have one to ones with him in the gym and the pool. He introduced me to exercise and healthy eating. No diets but a way of life.

after the 12 weeks were up my Personal trainer decided to keep me on and we have been going ever since. We have had some high and some very lows. He introduced me to triathlon and I have had 6 goes usually come last but love it. Hope to do another one in July

• Posted

I think you have to clear your head Betty and not have any distractions, but let the New Year celebrations pass and then start tomorrow I think someone mentioned NOT eating after 7pm excellent advice and cut down on the wine too ( my weakness) if I could just walk properly I could use up some energy thats why I am doing the swimming thing from tomorrow. Good luck to ALL of us,weve done the TKR thing surely we can do this too smile

• Posted

These are my before and after photos
    • Posted

That must have been scary, the public weigh in, etc., but a sure fire way to stick with it! 

Yes I'm sure you are right about life style change over diets. Jeans suggestions are good too. I guess my top New Years resolution should be "discipline" and "will power", the only way to change bad habits!

Triathlon? Good for you! That is a great goal to work towards!!! Having a goal is important in losing weight!

• Posted

LOL wine is my weakness too! Something nice to look forward to at the end of the day, you know? Yes, I will get our unhealthy New Year's Day tradition over with and start fresh Jan. 2 ( says here, ha, but I have good intentions!)

Thanks Fran 

• Posted

Wow

didn't you do well 

fantastic   Looks like my after pis has gone on first 

• Posted

Oops the one in stripes top is my after pic ....I need to lose a bit of weight now 
    • Posted

Just need to get rid if this stuff I've put on. This year could be the year that I could be,for the first time , in a right weight bracket
    • Posted

Just found a weight tracker on the home page of this website. Looks good
    • Posted

Bless you

the stripes top pic was on my 70th birthday 

• Posted

Really!!!!, not wanting to be corny, there's no way you look 70
    • Posted

I'll let you into a secret ...don't tell anyone though ....lol ...I'm now 76 
    • Posted

Woweeerr looking good. Well done.your secrets safe with me no one would guess anyway. cool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.