Weight and severe pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 2 1/2 yrs out of my BOS hysterectomy I've put on 40+pounds and my joints feel broke my hands n back are the worst my hands feel broken and numb I can't hold anything for long periods of time my back just feels like the bone is grinding my hips are so sore it affects my everyday life,is there anything I can do to better my weight issues and my painful body I'm not on HRT but just started a otc hormone 2 weeks ago

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is nice to know you have good quality of care where you are.  Sadly, we lack doctors in all fileds here, especially of this nature.  Doctors are quickly given the freedom to do surgery and I don't think any doctor can really know what a woman experiences after a hysterectomy unless it is a female doctor having gone through it herself.  I have heard aboutt he whole oath thing and I will say my surgeon was a great guy before hand, but the minute I showed signs of distress and not healing up the way "all his patients do", I was treated unethically and had some horrible things said and done to me.  Thank goodness witnesses were present  or I can guarantee that others would not believe my story. The oath is interpreted by each doctor to his own accord.

Please hear me whan I say that for you out there who have a had a great outcome and have your life back or even a better one than you had before I AM TRULY HAPPY FOR YOU!  Really, I would not wish this nightmare on anyone, not even the surgeon or handful of doctors who have not listened.  But please respect that there are those of us who did not have the fantastic outcome you might have and they we continue to suffer in the same pain or worse.  Just like with any surgery there can be multiple outcomes.  This surgery is no different.

Hoping all who spend countless days and sleepless nights on these sites find relief in the world from any ailment.

• Posted

Yes this is true I had to have mine in a county hospital by the Head Surgeon 'unfourtunantly in cases like mine he didn't know my case he didn't know me! But I guess he was saving my life for that I'm grateful I just didn't have health insurance then so for the ones who have a relationship with your Dr or great health insurance ask all the questions sometimes you may have a choice maybe a rare but it happens but for us that had to do what it took to help eliminate the pain buckle up research your procedure please research and ask until your blue in the face about side affects there are reprocussions to the BOS actually ALL of them are so hard Mahe sure your taking every measure to have a great recovery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.