Weight gain with steroid creams

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi again

Just wondering if those of you using steroid cream (i.e Dermovate) have experienced any weight gain????

I was prescribed Dermovate (described as high potency) to apply daily and although my consultant has tried to cut it down to every other day - I get flare ups and have had to return to daily use - I have been applying it daily now since xmas eve and have been gaining weight, despite a healthy diet and exercise regime cry - anybody else having this problem?

Thanks for any experiences you can share

Tracey

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi im Ken, went to the Dr eight months ago for itchy spots on my legs, back, arm, was given steroid cream that worked but not enough to last till next visit, starting applying vicks vapour rub which helped, been waiting for a dermotologist for weeks, i always feel bloated, never hungry, i work at a very labour intense job but still gaining tks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.