Weight Loss

Posted , 6 users are following.

For the ladies that have lost weight through this wonderful little journey, I am wondering how much you have lost and is anyone continuing to loose...Thanks

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jo not lost gained but losing now using five to two diet which works 
    • Posted

Hi Liz, thanks for replying.  I hope the diet works for you and you continue to loose.  I was wondering as I have lost 20 kilos since last October due to my digestive system and tummy going into meltdown and only able to eat a very bland diet and cant seem to get any weight back on...
    • Posted

Hi are you sensitive to gluten? Irritable bowel diverticulitis? That much weight is a lot to lose. Do you have good allergies you may need to get your duet balanced by a dietician. 
    • Posted

Hi yes Liz I become sensitive to gluten/wheat, grains, all dairy, preservitives, most fruit and a few veg.  I have been in peri for probs 7 years and 5 years ago I started getting little signs with gluten/wheat, at times I would get heatburn from pastry and sometimes bananas would give me heartburn but those cases were very random.  Then October last year I woke up one morning exactly 1 month after my (so far) last normal period and life had changed.  I was a mess.  Unfortunately I dont know how much hormones had to do with it or the new found anxiety that hit me hard.  Went to a naturopath and I got diagnosed with the intolerances, I think though that the potions from him made my tummy a little worse.  I had extensive blood tests in March and everything was perfect except my FSH -111 and cholesterol was a little high.  Dr diagnosed me with IBS(C), peri and anxiety.  As I cant take hrt, due to family history, just told me to get some De-Gas and gave me antidepressants, they werent concerned about the weight loss.  Have since found a nutritionist/homeopath, early days yet but I am hopeful that we can get the food issues and the anxiety I have about the food issues sorted.
  • Posted

Hi Jo, I have been going through this over 2 years and have lost just over 20lb in the first year now my weigh seems stable down to feeling sick most of the time and get very bloated have to eat little and often every 2 hours can't cope with anything creamy  or to greasy. Have been reading on here for  last week and have ordered B6 and B12 and hoping it makes me feel better wish me luck x
    • Posted

Hi alikiely, so sorry that you have been going through this too.  Okay I am nearly 1 year into this weight loss nightmare, hopefully it may start to stabalize soon.  Yuk I have started to feel sick as well at times, I notice it more just a while before I get a hot flush and like you eat little and often and nothing creamy or too greasy and nothing that I am intolerant to, on saying that last Saturday for the first time in about 6 months I had quite a few hot chips and had absolutely no reaction.  I wish you the best of luck with the B6 and B12 and hope it makes you feel better. xx
    • Posted

hi all, i too suffer terribly with my stomach and have lost weight, I have had IBS for over 23 years but i seem to be a lot worse since becoming peri, I eat very bland small meals and eat little and often. Last night after a small meal i felf nauseas and was so bloated my trousers looked like they were about to burst at the seams.  I have nausea every day.  I did take the Vit B12 & B6 for about 7 weeks but found they made my stupid sensitive stomach worse so i have come off them this week but will try again in a couple of months and see.  I find almost everything upsets my stomach and have no appetite but know i have to eat to stay alive and also keep my low blood sugar even so ive not seaked the advice of a nutritionist cos i think it would be wasting her's and my time and money.  perhaps i should get some probiotics like jay suggests, i will look into it.  love to all x
    • Posted

Hi honey bun

oh bless you, do you ever get a break 😪... if you feel nausea .. try the ginger tabs, women take it for morning sickness and after chemo etc, its very effective... if you tum will take it... 

have a good weekend .. Jay xx

• Posted

Hi anxiousface,

Wow you sound so much like me and my stupid sensitive tummy.  How much weight have you lost?  Definitely look into probiotics.  I also take digestive enzymes.  It is such a shame about not being able to take B6, I tried sublingual B12 for awhile hoping that as they bypass the tummy I could tolerate them but it seems not.  I have days or weeks that just about everything I eat upsets my tummy or I can eat something one day ok and the same thing will react the next day.  Like you I am finding I have very little appetite so I understand how hard it is to make yourself eat, I think also when we look at a plate of bland food, that if like me, you have over and over it just does nothing to entice you to eat, though I am very grateful that I can eat what I can.  I dont seem to have low blood sugar thank goodness and that would be a extra stress on you.  I have wasted 100s and 100s of dollars on a naturopath, only to get sickier on the remedies and then acupuncture and the chinese drs potions which also made my tummy sick.  I agree that a nutritionist probably cant help that much when food is limited, I have started seeing a homeopath/nutritionist so we will see how I go with her recommendations, no food changes though till my tummy gets better.

Hope you can find something to help you...

love & hugs x

• Posted

thanks  for your reply jo we sound very much alike, i lost just over a stone in weight at first but have put sa few pounds back on.  Yes i agree when you eat bland and the same thing its just boring and does nothing to encourage your appetite.  let us know how you get on with the homeopath/nutritionist.  Id never heard of sublingual B12, i will look into them and also the digestive enzymes thanks for your tips hun.bigger hug x
    • Posted

hi lovely how are you today, my days so much better than yesterday, its so strange how random it is, yesterday was so bad and today im a different girlie only for a headache but not too bad.  I looked up ginger tabs but they can reduce your sugar level so i cant take them.sad i'm going in to town tomorrow and will get some probiotics, i saw some chewable once on holland & barrett website. take care hun sending you a hug for today x
    • Posted

Hi hun

i am okay ... 😃.  thats Jarrows B12 5000mcg i use to take is chewy, you chew them cherry flavour and they sort of dissolve in the mouth..

my Natecal is the same ( Vit D & Calcium) 😃

which Vit B12 did you try .. just curious ..

my other half getting me some from holland and barrets and bringing them back, the chewy ones are buy one get another for a 1p hehehehehe

' whats not to like' but hes getting me the others that you swallow...

the chewy ones are 1billion .... strawberry or blueberry flavour ... 

sorry you having variable days ... pants aint it... 

keep chipper, it wont beat us, thats the key... 😃 positive thought ~ positive mind.... positively sooo annoying 😃

ref... weight loss i lost loads in early peri, looked like a bag of bones, put some on again, but lost some again now, but feel better and like the way i am right now... i remember my Doc in UK ( oh i miss him) when i lost loads of weight he said to me ( it was Easter ) he said lets hope you get easter eggs and eat them all hahahahaha made no difference though ..

hang in there .... life is as good as you make it ..... dont let it beat you 

hugs to you Jay xx

• Posted

hi jay the B12 &B6 are from FSC(food suppliment company) i got them from our health food shop in the village but i dont think they agree with me.  Today i have bought Holland & Barrett chewable Acidophilus tablets 1 billion blueberry flavour (buy one get the one for 1p) i really hope these will help my stomach as they are expensive £10.00 a bottle. I asked about vit B12 & B6 that would bye pass my stomach and they showed me a spray.  I didn't buy it as need to do some research first. I do still take my multi vit for menopausal women so i am still getting something. Get your other half to stock up cos getting another bottle of whatever you need is a brill saving.  I too lost lost of weight at the begining but must say wasnt eating enough but i have recently put some on, i now squeeze into some of my size 8 jeans so maybe i need to get some bigger ones if i'm going to stay like this cos i cant breath-in forever. thats a good saying of yours..... life is as good as you make it, i'll think of that when things are bad thats if i can remember. take care hun x
  • Posted

Hi Jo

i take naturals for peri... i found when i included 150mg B6 daily and B12 ..

i lost that little bit of peri muffin middle ... but i wasnt over weight...

but still lost a further 11 pounds and am a nice 125 pounds weight and 5ft 6 

i feel great now first time in 10 years.. B6 does assist weight loss ..

Jayxx 

• Posted

Hi Jay,

Thats great that you are down to your goal weight and you feel great for the first time in 10 years, this peri is a hard road to travel sometimes, it must feel very good knowing that you are nearing the end.  Unfortunately my body has decided for the time being that I am doing this all natural, basically just putting up with all that is happening,  I tried B6 and sublingual B12 but apparently my body doesnt like the B vitamins, basically anything made with concentrated vegeatables nor magnesium.  Hopefully I will find something to help smile Good luck with getting to the magical 12 months...

Jo xx

• Posted

Hi jo

oh what a shame about the B6 and B12 .. your body not liking them..

wonder why ... 

i see the Vit K2 is also a good one for bones... the leavy green vit ..

hang in there Jo its seems to get better... long old journey ... i know 😖

Jayxx 

• Posted

Hi Jay,

I dont know why my body decided not to like the b vitamins, the homeopathy lady I am seeing to sort out my tummy/anxiety issues said its not unusual for people's bodies to not like them. 

Thanks so much and I hope it gets better, turned 53 in June I am ready for this journey to be finished, lol and its only been 7 years for me, though I did get through the first 6 years with very few probs, October last year that all changed...

• Posted

Hi jo

Yes i agree it is unusual...

Cud it of been the coincidence thing, felt rough anyway and thought it maybe the B6  

Hope you get on okay... I need hot flush help 😫. Jay xxx 

• Posted

Hi Jay,

Lol she said that it is not unusual, there alot of people who cant tolerate B vitiamins, dont think its a coincidence I tried taking them late last year and then again a few months ago.

I hope you find hot flush help, its the middle of winter here and if I could fit in my freezer I would be in there..

Jo xxx

• Posted

hi Jo

i am abit if a thick head today hahahahaha

in a world of my own, away with the fairies hahahaha Ga Ga 

take care hun... Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay,

lol we are allowed to be thick heads, we have a good excuse smile

Thanks and you take care too

Jo xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.