Weight loss

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

I'm on day 9 of citalopram and I have lost so much weight. I was small to begin with and i'm guessing i've lost at least a stone in weight. I have absolutely no appetite & I feel so weak. I haven't been able to leave the house for a few days it's got that bad. To begin with I was constantly being sick (even before starting citalopram) due to anxiety. I'm starting to worry a lot about the weight loss now & maybe think I should stop the citalopram? Whenever I even think about food it makes me feel sick. I have been living off fruit & protein shakes. Help please sad

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Search "citalopram survival guide" on Google, it is a great and positive guide on how to "survive" the days/weeks before the medicine takes effect. All your questions will be addressed there, especially regarding anxiety.

There is a lot of information and reassurance there.

• Posted

I’m on week 6! Still wake up anxious and sweaty sometimes but no more panic attacks. Have still lost my appetite. It’s better than it was in the first 2 weeks tho. I feel hungry but can’t finish what’s on my plate.... stressing me out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.