Weight loss

Posted , 10 users are following.

Did anyone experience that during the acute stage of the disease? I'm in the 3rd week and although I no longer have fever or sore throat I just realized today that I've lost 10 pounds. eek

I must admit that my appetite has been low (although I eat at least 3 meals per day.) But I'm worried because I'm a very skinny person. I 've had trouble preparing meals and sometimes I eat less than I should (I'm always very tired and exhausted.)

I'm wondering if I'll lose more weight and if I should get more tests done... 

By the way, my last CBC a week and a half ago did not indicate that I could've had anemia (my red blood cells and hemoglobin were between normal ranges.) neutral

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Dan,

​I lost 15 pounds at my worst, I gained this all back when my appetite returned. 

• Posted

hello, i know this was 2 years ago but I tested positive for mono and i have had it for over a year! i lost 35 lbs and i cant seem to gain any weight 😦

• Edited

Hi Dan, most of us on the forum have stated that we lost weight. I would cry every time I looked in the mirror. I was down to 89lbs. It was difficult to gain back. I had to start eating eating high caloric foods. I have regained my weight. Thank God.

Rhonda

• Posted

Hi Mono

I'm continuing to improvesmile I have a whole new attitude of gratitudesmile

Not 100% but I'm a good 75% back to previrus.

How are you, your daughter and granddaughter?

Prayers Rhonda

• Posted

Hi Rhonda,

​I am better, still have down days here and there, I would say 80%. My granddaughters are better, youngest one still gets tired but she is a senior so life is busy. My daughter continues to struggle but the brain fog and dizziness are better, still has nausea, exhaustion, lack of appetite. Hopefully we are headed out of this virus.

• Posted

I'm not losing weight anymore, but I haven't gained weight and I feel so skinny. I will start eating high caloric foods, I'm glad it worked for you, I hope it also works for me. Lately I've tried to waste as little energy as possible (I go to work, then head back to bed) and eat 3 meals (which are low in calories, that's why I think I'm not gaining weight.) 

• Edited

Hey Dan,

It's a positive sign that you're not losing weight now, take that as encouraging. It takes time for your body resilience to recover and it's not always easy to put weight on when going through such a physically and emotionally draining experience as this virus is.

Keeping up with taking a good strong multi-vitamin per day as well as your meals can only be helpful - but try not to worry, your body is strong enough to cope with this and will fight back - we have much more resilience that we realise thanks to God.

Craig

• Posted

Hi,

I weighed 144 pounds before the fever started . I checked my weight 2 months after the fever & I lost almost 10 pounds. I had my CBC this week & it was normal. They are testing me for other things as well like auto immune , HIV etc.

2 months down, I still have sore throat, trouble swallowing, coughing sensation & tiredness. I have an appointment with ENT this week & a probably GI endoscopy following that!

Regards

Laxmi

• Edited

Hey Dan,

I agree with Mono and Rhonda, it's definitely possible that weight loss can happen during the virus. I think the nature of the virus, the sweating and the general worry can all cause this, and I know some report that they lose appetite, etc. Try not to worry too much, I would say anything inside a stone like that is quite normal, but do monitor it and see the doc if concerned.

Hoping you are both doing well Rhonda and Mono, thinking about you still.

Craig

• Posted

Hey Craig, how was your 2nd year? I know it had to be better than the first year.  What were some of your 2nd year symptoms?
    • Edited

Hi Brent,

My second year was much better than the first, I would say I was still knew my body wasn't 100% and wasn't fully like it was before during that time, but things were far more manageable and I felt more normal in myself and that a lot of my body resilience had returned, it's just a gradual process. I did have a few mini relapses during that year and if that happens, I don't want you to panic because it's normal and these don't last anywhere near as long and it's not a case of you're back to the start - in no way at all can that happen and be the case. I still had to work very much part-time during the second year to build up my strength and confidence again, but things gradually come back to you and will improve bit by bit - so be reassured and heartened that this will be a good year and you will feel more able to do things freely again.

Happier days are ahead and you! Take care and hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Brent,

​How have you  been feeling? I am hoping that the next year brings us back to 100%.

• Posted

I have been able to sleep 5 to 6 hours without any meds. This is a plus for me. Several months ago I had bad insomnia. Joint pains are lesser than before. Still have brain fog real bad. Feel like I am in a foreign body a lot of times. I have a hard time focusing mentally and visually. Could be cfs, but hoping that it's post-viral fatigue.

• Posted

Hope things pick up soon Brent, it's so hard I know wish people understood how debilitating the virus could be better, especially GPs and those in the medical profession. I still believe that this is part of the post viral phase and you will fully recover, so hang in there and better times are ahead.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.