Weight loss

Posted , 10 users are following.

Did anyone experience that during the acute stage of the disease? I'm in the 3rd week and although I no longer have fever or sore throat I just realized today that I've lost 10 pounds. eek

I must admit that my appetite has been low (although I eat at least 3 meals per day.) But I'm worried because I'm a very skinny person. I 've had trouble preparing meals and sometimes I eat less than I should (I'm always very tired and exhausted.)

I'm wondering if I'll lose more weight and if I should get more tests done... 

By the way, my last CBC a week and a half ago did not indicate that I could've had anemia (my red blood cells and hemoglobin were between normal ranges.) neutral

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am now 37 years of age and had mono when I was 22.

I should have maybe been hospitalized- my fever was always 103.9 by late afternoon.

I couldn't eat- my mom had to hold stuff up to my mouth. I atrophied so much muscle I had to crawl up the stairs.

I was very lean at 5'10"(x-country runner)and atrophied 25 lbs of muscle in 10 days.

i never slept - i was in too much pain to sleep.

by the time mono was done i looked like an underfed runway model.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.