Weight loss

Posted , 13 users are following.

Has anyone lost weight while going through the perimenapause?

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I lost weight, but only because I changed my diet drastically because I thought part of my problem was silent reflux. And so many days where I couldn't eat because I was so sick. I've since put all the weight back on, my doctor said I wouldn't feel better until I did, but I'm not sure it's made much of a difference. 

I think if you are losing weight but haven't changed your diet at all and are still eating like you always have, then maybe more investigation would be warranted. 

• Posted

Yes ! I lost 25 lbs . Happy about that but think it has everything to do with adrenals which in turn affects hormones . Makes us tired all the time no energy n o appetite  . I went through a period of working out straight for 2 months no days off .... then when ‘this ‘

hit I crashed . 

• Posted

Im feeling exactly the same no appetite no energy tired all the time I'm worrying sick.

• Posted

Yes, about 15 pounds. I just admit it could be hormones or the medication i am taking. Don't really have an appetite and sometimes nothing is appealing to me.

• Posted

I have lost weight and it’s starting to show. Aside from my crappy feelings now weight lose is another anxiety for me to worry about. I’m nauseous and am not eating well at all. Should I worry ??? Help
    • Posted

No I lost my appetite completely I think it’s part of the change . Just make sure what you do  eat is healthy and snack on protein throughout the day . 

I became verrrry skinny none of my clothes fit anymore felt kind of nice to be honest but nothing feels as good as feeling NORMAL !

Your mind is the MAIN computer and if that is healthy it’s worth a billion dollars ! 

• Posted

Anna, you shouldn't worry. You even said that you aren't able to eat much because you aren't feeling well. So the best way to lose weight is to cut back calories. I don't care how much a person works out, if you don't cut calories or change what you are eating, you won't lose much weight. 

Try to eat what you can, at my skinniest I started drinking protein shakes to help. And then when I started getting really worried because I kept losing weight (seems like when you start losing it, it can get on a roll and keep going) I went back to a normal diet and started eating things I haven't in a long time (hey, no more gall bladder which was a casualty to peri, so why not?), like full blown ice cream, ice cream shakes, bread, more bread, and even more bread. Well, it took about three months and all the weight I lost, and more, was back on. Now I have my food baby back. Oh well.. 

But no, you shouldn't be worrying! 

• Posted

Suzannne I thank you so much for taking the time to answer my need for positive feedback. I am losing weight and I am not on protein drink and eating bread , the funny thing is that I’m having a hard time going to the bathroom and when I do it’s a celebration. 

I still haven’t gotten my menstration it’s been three months but hey , it’s all part of a woman’s change. Thank you thank you for your reply 😊your quite special dear . God bless you 

• Posted

Lori thank you for your reply , you’re great . So you too got so thin that your clothes just didn’t look good on you anymore? I’m not alone , i too eat whenever I could, even if it’s a slice of toast or drink my Boost extra calories...may the journey be short I pray . You made me feel better dear and I thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart ❤️ 

Woman power I know all the way 

• Posted

Exactly what Suzanne said.  I was so skinny it was hard to keep my bp up and I was sooooo tired all the time.  I was drinking protein shakes as well....but it wasn’t until I started eating bread again and burgers and fries and milk shakes etc that I was able to finally put the weight back on.  I felt a lot better.  I was anxious about my health and nauseated all the time...
  • Posted

Yes it happened to me about four years ago. I started losing weight suddenly without trying. It was very scary because I thought I was dying of some dreadful disease. I looked anorexic. I couldn't eat anything most days. I think just like one of the other posts stated that it was silent reflux which causes Nausea and loss of appetite. I have since put the weight back on and then some. I didn't like all the negative attention I received when I lost the weight. People were gauking at me and thinking that I was sick. It was terrible but hang in there and try to eat when you can. The weight will come back. Take care.

• Posted

Me! 10lbs. But mainly due to "gastritis" brought on by hormones, I think. Hard to eat in pain. Also, for some people, I think anxiety causes weight loss, and hormones do a number on that as well!

• Posted

Originally when my perimenapause symptoms started 2 years ago I lost weight but I gradually gained it back due to my anxiety and not want to do anything physical, I'm trying my best to stay active most days,

• Posted

Yes keep up the workouts if you can . I’ve almost been asleep and dragged myself. Thought I was going to pass out some days but I’m in great shape and this ‘thing’ is not making me lose all the hard work I’ve put in. At least if you feel terrible on the outside but you can look in the mirror and see good results it helps . 

I’ve also got taxis to get my hair done as too dizzy and ill to drive .... but makes you feel better . It’s verrrry tough though .

• Posted

Yes I have and some women do lose weight... Have ibs Ince peri and I think this contributes to it also. CK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.