Weight loss

Posted , 13 users are following.

Has anyone lost weight while going through the perimenapause?

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes and it unexplainable....you will eventually put your weight back on...very frustrating, but hand in there
  • Posted

Me ..I’m a little worried but I see that I’m not alone . Thank you dearly, thank you.

Women are strong but we worry a lot. God bless you dear 

• Posted

I have had one of the worse weeks so far with peri. Four days upset stomach now constipation no appetite had people asking if I have lost weight got no energy always very tired and my anxiety has been horrendous!!!! Not had very good night's sleeping and the hot flushes are getting worse!!!!! When will this all end 😔

• Posted

I sure did. It was scary. I'm small to begin with so any weight loss or gain really shows on me. 

Between the weight loss, facial pallor, & dark circles under my eyes I looked HORRIBLE. I felt like I had adrenaline running through my veins constantly and was so exhausted. Eventually it subsided and I've gained a few pounds back.

I really wish doctors and the medical community would do more research on this, because the know SO LITTLE and misdiagnose. 

Hope you feel better soon! You're not alone.

• Posted

Dear bev

Yes I lost my appetite and loat weight, got gastitis which took my appetite away it worried me sick when gastitis cleared the weight returned. I never thought about weight loss in menopause only weight gain x

• Posted

Me too which is why I had to ask. In the last week I've had diareha constipation stomach cramp lost appetite and bloating oh and people saying I've lost weight!! It's a nightmare and very scary which then sets off horrendous anxiety it's a vicious circle 😔

• Posted

Yep.  It was for me too.  People would say how skinny I was looking.  Then my anxiety would sky rocket and I would be able to eat.  It was awful.  So whenever I did have an appetite, I would eat anything to put weight on.  Pasta, hamburgers, milkshakes.  The anxiety is the worst for me though 
    • Posted

Yes me too ... I lost 25lbs and was already skinny my neck was scrawny and looked like a skeleton . Since being on the HRT patch my appetite has improved  I’m still eating healthy . Like you had no clue that you could lose weight .... I just want to feel good whatever weight I am 

• Posted

I know, all the times I wanted to loose abit of weight but not that way, I felt out of control. I got to the stage when I dreaded having a shower or bath, too scared to see how much weight I had lost and I freaked out if people said I had lost weight, it really didnt help my health anxiety!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.