weight loss and anxiety

Posted , 39 users are following.

I am very scared as to why I'm losing weight so fast, can someone assure me that is an anxiety symptom please because it makes me think that something is wrong with me ... your comments will help me a lot .  

6 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This is happening to me. I've been having severe anxiety and panic attacks with a loss in appetite. Ive been making sure that I eat- I even have days where I feel ok and eat normally- but I can't stop losing (slowly) and I definitely can't gain. I have severe health anxiety and I'm terrified that I have cancer. It's taking over my life sad

• Posted

A medical fact

If you have cancer causing weight loss then it is in terminal stage that shouldnt last weeks from when u started weight loss and has to be with sever anemia and extreme fatigue etc.

So if anything would ve declared it self

This is how i got over my problem

Mu symptoms remained though

Gut upset and IBS

• Posted

Within the past month I've discovered I have a horrible health aniexty and I think it is what has made me lose so much Weight recently your last passage really made me happy and I hope it's true! I am so fearful something is wrong and a cancer is making me lose weight. Although iVe had 2 blood test recently one in the hospital on one of the doctors both came back okay yet still I worry. Wish it would all go away

• Posted

Hi I've just been told I've got a cyst or granuloma in my throat, I'm worried sick about it even though the ent doc has told me it's fine and the chance of it being anything bad is 0.5%. But over the last few days I've been losing weight unintentionally I'm really worried that this is something sinister, I do suffer with health anxiety so that's not helping.

• Posted

Hi New to here .is the post on weight loss still on going please .
    • Posted

Yes, and told give you some peace of mind, I've realized that I lose weight in times of extreme anxiety and when I'm feeling better I gain a few pounds back. I posted earlier about being afraid.

• Posted

I think that this discussion should continue. There is nothing worse than being sick and anxious and not knowing why. That causes you to be more anxious. I have been battling with anxiety for almost a year now. Numerous doctor's visits, test and such. Everything comes back Normal. I recently lost 10 pounds in three weeks. My stomach is always upset and even constipated from not eating. I try a anti nauseous medicine to be able to eat. I take a daily complete vitamin to help keep some nutirent in my system. Also plenty of water to help with constipation. I hope this all passes soon. It bothers me when doctor's have me wait weeks for an appointment.

• Posted

I was taking buspirone and gained 20 lbs while on it. smile Later when I was off them I quickly lost it I was very depressed and felt like s**t. It's hard for me to gain weight that'd why. I have a high metabolism and when this pills made me gain weight I was happy .. Anyways I'm still thin now. smile Where's my buspirone??😭jk Depends on what's the cause are you depressed?/Have you been eating? It's probably the medication you are taking read the side effects. Good Luck💖

• Posted

i hope this post continues. i, too, have health anxiety. have lost about 15 pounds in the last year, faster loss in last few months. i think the internet really feeds our problems b/c of the excessive amount of information that may or may not be factual. main stream media contains so many pharmaceutical commercials that instill the fear of every known disease and many that are "new", to sell their wares. when so many of us have the same issues and find no relief from doctor after doctor and test after test, we really must be ok, but our mind won't rest. i have stomach pain, gas, bloating, and constant post nasal mucus drainage, both of which interfere with my life, my thyroid hormones are all over the place with each successive test but no solution yet. so many things! how can a health issue not have an anxiety producing effect to some degree for anyone, but especially to those of us prone to anxiety in the first place. on one hand i feel like if i could just surrender it all, stop checking in with myself on how i feel, stop checking the internet for clues, it would work itself out. i have read that ibs is psychosomatic, which makes it part of the anxiety loop. anyway, i would like a source like this forum to discuss with others dealing with the same thing(s) to refer to rather than the wild google searching that only leads to more anxiety. it's comforting and maybe we can help each other when we find things that work.

• Posted

hi lynn hope you are still around hear some where.. i am haveing a badtime with my heath anxiety was ill in december and not really go over it yet mentaly that is need to talk i think if any one is around

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.