weight loss and anxiety

Posted , 39 users are following.

I am very scared as to why I'm losing weight so fast, can someone assure me that is an anxiety symptom please because it makes me think that something is wrong with me ... your comments will help me a lot .  

6 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

That can happen. I ise nutritional shakes when my anxiety is bad. I dropped fifteen pound in five weeks last year.took months for it to restabilize and it throws off your sugar levels which mimics anxiety. Its a bit of a mess.
  • Posted

Thanks. I am sure it's  just anxiety tat is doing this but dwelling on it does make it worse and if you think you are losing more weight it makes it worse. i have decicdet to keep off the scale for a while..as last time I got on and dropped another couple of pounds i worried more...a hopless situation it seems !
  • Posted

So glad I have found this post was diagnosed last October with health anxiety and have since lost a stone which is making me worry even more. I had bloods done in October and again in November all fine so I know nothing is wrong with me but i can't stop thinking there is its really starting to ruin my life. How do you beat it I tried meds but couldn't get on with them
    • Posted

how are you now?

ive been losing weight lately, first i had a stomach bug then that turned into terrible anxiety thinking it was something more - im trying to eat more but its so hard - and even worse when people start mentioning it.  

• Posted

Anxiety is a awful thing I've had it on and off for 20 years now. It's just returned again with revenge. I am the same don't feel like eating cause I feel sick all the time so I've started loosing weight, now my mind thinks it's something else even thou it's properly not x

• Posted

i am quite new to this site but am in desperate need of help.  i've struggle with anxiety since 1994 but this past june i felt like my body took a shift for the worse feeling weakness in arms and legs and was in hospital last month for 5 days and all results of mri, scans, etc came back ok but i continue to lose weight and have no appetite. from the weight loss the skin under my arm pits sag and are wrinkled and have brain fog.  you mentioned you started to lose weight and that you feel sick all the time.  what symptoms do you have.  just trying to get some feedback to see if mine is due to anxiety too as i feel like i am dying. have not been able to return to work since june due to same.  praying to God everyday.

• Posted

Hi Victoria,

I to suffer from anxiety. Mine started in about Januray. Each bout I have I have stomach issues which inturn I do not want to eat, which then I lose wieght, Since about February until about the beginning of July I lost 25 pounds. I started probiotics and that helped. Many times I do not feel like eating but I do. I have not lost any more weirght in the last month or so, but have to be very concious of making sure I eat.

I truly in the beginning had an upset stomach the moment I woke up and lasted all day for months. had the tests.....nothing hugh. a small hiatal hernia but nothing big. One thing also that helped the upset stomach, bloating, gas and excessive belching is .................If I mentioned it, this note will be modified. Private message me, I would love to tell you about it. Atleast I do not have the symptoms everyday and when I do they are 80% better

• Posted

Hi Lolasmom, thank you so  much for your response.  From what you state it helps to  know what condition you have and have taken something that is helping you.  Also good to know what your symptoms are nowhere near as bad as  mine.  Thank God you found the solution to your health and anxiety issues.  Hopefully I can eventually find some help and relief for mine. God bless.
    • Posted

I would love it if you could tell me what worked for you!
    • Posted

Hi can you tell me what you used please I'm at wits end with anxiety thankyou.

• Posted

I have exactly same story lolasmom

I am happy that u mentioned stmptoms are 80% less

• Posted

Hi Lolasmom,Im new here not sure how to private message you and been experiencing same symptoms as you mentioned I lost 7kg in past 2 month till now and I'm still not gaining any weight hope you can tell me about your problem thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.