weight loss and anxiety

Posted , 39 users are following.

I am very scared as to why I'm losing weight so fast, can someone assure me that is an anxiety symptom please because it makes me think that something is wrong with me ... your comments will help me a lot .  

6 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I would like to tell you that I lost my 8kg in 15 days. But thanks to my dr. He made me normal
    • Posted

Lol maksmash29

I swear I would do anything for my appetite back. I'm on mirtazapine too and was hoping to get the munchies everybody talks about...No joy yet with that smile

• Posted

Hi

This is an old comment so not sure if it relevant now but....

I was put on mirtazapine to help with my appetite. I dropped to 5 stone 5 pounds in a month from 6 stone 6. ( I know I am still under weight) I found when I was on 15mg I was incredibly tired but very hungry. I managed to gain most of my weight back within 3 months. However, I was increased to 30mg and the hunger cravings slowed down so it is now a struggle to find the will power to eat. Anxiety still fights my hunger.  

I hope you have recovered now

• Posted

I lost about a stone in weight over the period of a month at the height of the anxious period I've been experienced. I am started to gain back some of the weight and my appetite has returned. I'm still experiencing some anxiety but in no way to the extent I was previously. I'm not on any meds. 
  • Posted

I myself have lost a great deal of weight lately.  I cam off anti depressants last year which made me put on weight, and then a few months after I stopped the mnedication I completely lost my appetite and got bad nausea.  I was sent for an ultrasound scan to see if my weight loss was due to anything, but all was well.

I am still losing weight and have saggy skin but as I am old it will not spring back.  If you are worried, go to your doctor and ask for tests to find out if your weight loss is due to anything.  Anxiety is affecting my appetite.  sometimes I find it hard to eat.  Please see a doctor and put your mind at rest.

• Posted

when someone is lose weight, what kind of test does the person need to do?
  • Posted

About me [

Hi I've been suffering with anxiety for about 4 years now, but these past few weeks it's really bad I'm not eating as I don't have an appetite at all and I'm loosing weight I constantky keep looking at things on the Internet and diagnosing myself with cancer this n cancer that convinced it's something serious! I have aches and pains which makes me google all the more! Is this normal with anxiety??? It's the weight loss that scares me most! X

• Posted

I to am experiencing weight loss almost certain it is due to health anxiety. i have had medical tests all normal. I was worrying about smoe health issue and lost several pounds pretty quickly.

I tend to dwell on that a lot which feeds on itself. I keep checking how loose my belt is and how my ring feels looser on my finger... just doing those things and thinking it it something really bad causes the weight to stay down...it's a self fullfilling thought that onlt makes things worse i am sure... if I wasn't such a worrier I'm sure things would improve, but its hard not to with this type of minset.

If you could relax and keep your mind off it it would get better i know, But easier said than done. Time will probably take care of it eventually.

• Posted

I do the same thing on a daily basis. "Why are my jeans not fitting quite like they used to" etc.... I have health anxiety big time. With good reason though. About 1 year ago I just started having this pain between my shoulder blades and an extreme amount of belching with some stomach pain. Immediate freak out. Haven't been the same since. I've had several full blood work ups and all is fine. So why worry right? So much easier said than done. Lol

• Posted

Hi I have suffered with health anxiety on and off for about 20 years now. Been fantastic for years but about 5 monthes ago it started up again. Started anti depressants and now just started Beeter blockers to calm me down. I suffer with acid reflux and it's been really bad this past week, been to Drs and have to go back Wednesday. If it hasn't settled. I think I have every illness going

• Posted

I had your same symptoms with breast bone paina nd epigastric pain when i was known for acid reflux and IBS.

I am a doctor myself and that makes me the worst patient ever

I worked twice a week in Gym to improve my gut symptomswhilst anxious about cancer and when lost 8 pounds started thinking sinster again

Can u believe how mad one can go

Against any logic

My symptoms just dont go

And the solution is to stop googling and stop seeking reassurance and be sure you can not be the one cleverperson among all those health practitioners seen you and reassured you

Worst case scenaria you have a condition which is not fatal

Even cancers are not fatal nowadays

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.