weird body sensations??

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have been posting the last few days asking about some of these symptoms that are sending my anxiety through the roof. Some days are good and some days are bad.

I have expierenced the inside tremors where it I wake up feeling like my insides are shaking but yesterday and today I have been experiencing a weird head pressure and a tingling feeling on the inside of my body.

I've been trying to do things to distract myself fr focusing on how I feel but it is really getting hard. Could this be hormonal or something else?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jamie50513

I get the exact same feelings you described i would say they are due to hormones makes my anxiety go through the roof too absolute nightmare isnt it.If i find myself focusing on how im feeling i have to keep telling myself its just my hormones been out of whack and it wont last and deep breathing seems to help me calm down . Take Care Debbie x

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I was lying on the bed watching tv and it just started out of nowhere. Scared me so bad my heart started racing and I thought I had to call the paramedics. I walked around the house for a few minutes and then laid back down and tried to tell myself I was ok. I've had the tremors but the tingling feeling on the inside was new to me and the head pressure was crazy. I've been just trying to keep sane and calm myself down. Thanks Debbie
    • Posted

Hi Jamie😊

I had pressure in my head and ears yesterday. Not fun. Sometimes when I can get a rational thought flowing amongst all the irrational ones I have flowing in my head I realize that all my deep breathing in and out could be causing me to hyperventilate somewhat. I know hyperventilating can cause head, ear and sinus pressure. Then I realize that all my tension from being so anxious could cause my neck shoulder and jaw pain as well. So I know hormones are the underlying culprit but the anxiety caused by the hormones causes the crazy physical symptoms as well. Hope you end up having a beautiful day filled with a few moments of rest free from symptoms. If i can laugh at least once a day i know I have had a few moments to smile about😊😊. I woke up this morning with same rapid heart. Then I weighed myself and found I lost another proud. In the past I would have been thrilled but now I get a little concerned. I know though that my anxiety is causing me to burn more calories plus I have changed my diet drastically.

❤️Debbie

• Posted

I have lost a lot of weight since I changed my eating habits and my anxiety was so bad at one point that I barely had an appetite. I have been so worried about my health since this all this started that my anxiety is crazy. I've been cleared of any major issues, but when these symptoms get going it makes me think something serious is wrong and I panic.
  • Posted

Hi Jamie , sorry you're going through this - im similar with lots of horrid symptoms all the time and yes I would say DEFINATLEY hormonal .

Like Debbie says, ears and everything else seem to be feeling awful right now and seems every day brings something new to stress over. Hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

I'm learning to deal with it. It's nerve wrecking but I'm learning how to cope. I just do some deep breathing and try to keep myself calm as much as I can. I've been just trying to keep myself relaxed. I'm noticing that a lot of my symptoms are anxiety related also.
  • Posted

Hi jaimie

I can relate to the anxiety symptoms, not so much with menopause but I have experienced this awful fear myself.  The shaking and tingling can be due to the changes in carbon di oxide levels in the blood, sometimes due to not breathing properly due to anxiety and this causes tingling.  It is known that menopause can cause and exacervate symptoms.  After 20 yrs of chronic anxiety, a breakdown and years of panic and agoraphobia I discovered Gaba.  It works! and it is a natural amino acid.  If it is really bad you can break the capsule and put powder on your tongue for fast result.  Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Daisy,

I agree. I gave had manageable anxiety over certain things my whole life. But like I said it was very manageable. Well I hit perimenopause and WHAM over the top anxiety like I have never experienced. The last 10 months have been the worst. I have good months and bad months over the last 10 months. My homeopathic doctor gave me some amino acids for my neurotransmitters. One of the amino acids is GABA. Take Care and glad you have overcome and are doing better

❤️Debbie

• Posted

Thanks for the suggestion. I have never heard of Gaba but if it helps I wouldn't mind trying it. I panicked so bad one time that I made everything go numb. It is certainly something that I'm working on. Even though i know physically I'm ok and these symptoms are peri/meno related I have learned to talk myself through the anxiety. The anxiety brings on a boat load of other symptoms.
    • Posted

try this when you start to panic and think you are losing your breath. 

Say  "I AM B-R-E-A-T-H-I-N-G"  over and over.   You will say it quickly at first but as you regain your steadiness, you will start to say it slower as you relax.  Force yourself to say it slower and steadier. works for me.

hope that makes sense.wink

• Posted

It makes a lot of sense. Thank you soooo much. I am certainly going to use that....
    • Posted

Hi Debbie

blinking hormones are something that creep up on us and turn us into someone we don't recognise and make like unmanageable at times!  I am glad you have the homoeopathic doc, keep up with Gaba, it will help hopefuly   all the best  xx

• Posted

Give it a go Jaimie.  I wish I had known about it 20 yrs ago 

best of luck x x 

• Posted

Hello Daisylady,

Thanks for the reply. I am going to give it a try and hope it helps. I don't like being in edge all the time. I was prescribed Ativan to help with the anxiety. I just hadn't decided wether I was going to take it. I'm not a pill person and would rather try natural or herbal. My menses is weird which I will have to let my GYN know. The last one was two weeks ago, very light, and lasted a few days. I have started the next one already about 5 days earlier and it's a little heavy. Normally I feel a little better when it comes but this time I feel out of sorts. I don't know what to think of this. I'm just trying to ignore the crazy symptoms and go on about as usual but its tough.

• Posted

I just read everything that all you ladies had talked about thank you so much because I experienced this a lot and it's horrible I catch myself taking deep breaths alot and I tell myself it's just anxiety it's ok it's going to go away calm down that does help lord I pray that we all can get through this quick hahaha there's no quick fix to this but I pray that we all can continue conversating and sharing our experiences good luck ladies have a wonderful night
    • Posted

Hi Monique,

Thanks for the reply. It took me a while to get an understanding of what's going on with my body. Everyday it seems there is something new and I'm still trying to understand. I share my expierences in hopes that there are some suggestions as to how to cope and to keep my anxiety down a little. It also helps me to feel not alone and insane. My anxiety is through the roof at times, but I'm learning how to talk myself through it and pray a lot and know that someday these symptoms will be through. Take care and please keep sharing...

• Posted

Jamie, I was reading some of your other posts and I seem to identify with many of your weird experiences....nothing prior to this prepared me for these overwhelming symptoms, mornings are the worst part of the day for me with the nausea making all other feelings worse than ever, ugh ! I really become desperate but i find comfort in this forum and reading others notes. thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.