Weird buzzing feeling left side of my chest under breast.

Posted , 54 users are following.

Hey guys,

For the last couple of months I have been experiencing a weird symptom.  When I lay down sometimes I get this weird vibrating feeling on the left side of my chest it’s in the are under my breast. It last one second there’s no pain but it does wake me up from my sleep, I get scared about it because I don’t know if it’s my heart but it doesn’t feel like a palpitation it’s more like a buzzing feeling. Also it only happens as I’m falling asleep.

Does anyone have this, 

2 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Next
  • Edited

I suggest you speak to a doctor about this. It doesn't sound dangerous at all, but just to make sure, speak with a professional. Good luck and take care. x

• Edited

Does it happen as you breathe?  I had this as a child and the doctors never could figure it out.  About once a year I still get it.  For myself, it always did it just for a split second on an inhale.  Sometimes a few inhales in a row as a kid.  Always very hard to catch as an adult because it never would do it when I was expecting it.  Anyways started when I was 5 and I am now in my mid 40's.  I think it may have something to do with phlegm build up or perhaps a narrow passage in my lung.  It is always in the same spot and feels like bubbles.  Had soooo many tests over the years nothing was ever found.  See a doctor about it. if they can't find anything don't worry about it.

• Edited

this happens me all the time when I lie down when I inhale deeply or when I wake up, I thought I was a heart attack, then I got a chest xray and an echo done and ecg.and heart monitor all turned out OK, then my arms went numb thy sent me.to neurologist they said its anxiety but the vibration in chest won't go away its so odd

• Posted

Hello,

I too have same problem with headache. Any solution for this? Is it cured?

please tell.

• Posted

Hi Laura, 

I've been feeling that for about a week now.  I'm freaking out!  I'm tempted to go to the ER.  Did you find anything out about those feelings?

Please let me know!!!!

Mary

• Posted

I am experiencing this vibrating buzzing feeling constantly in my left breast. Should I be concerned? Is there any way of making it stop? Please share any information. Thank you.
  • Posted

Hi Laura. I have the same buzzing on left of chest,.not in my chest but sort of, In my breast, pec, muscle. I'm a 64 yr old man, fairly fit and active. No pain or other problems. Had this for about 6 months and ,recently, it's happening several times each hour. Doc has no ideas. Had ecg, blood tests, heart monitor for 24 hrs, and I'm absolutely fit. Seems like hundreds of people get this but no good diagnosis. I think it might be a spinal glitch which sets up vibration in an intercostal muscle but what do I know!!! It is worrying though and I'd like stop it happening.

• Posted

i think that it is indeed generated from the spine. I have been experiencing this ever since i had a cervical injection last week . I have the same type of buzzing down one of my legs after lumbar fusions.

• Posted

omg! I just started feeling this same buzzing under my left breast 3 days ago. no pain tho just buzzing and it lasts about 3 to 5 seconds and it stops does it again and stops. it keeps doing this off and on most of the day but it sometimes wont do it for hours then all of a sudden their it is. what is it? yes! I'm starting to freak out. but it wont do it while I'm sleeping. weird and so scary.

• Posted

I've just started with this tonight, did you find out what it was?

• Posted

same thing all of a sudden have that buzzing feeling that comes and goes i had a rib injury about 4 weeks ago and so think it has to do with intercoastal and spine i can go most of day with nothing them all of a sudden i suffer from health anxiety so always driving me nuts like something wrong with heart ive had ekg, echocardiogram, stress echo w contrast etc all fairly normal very annoying though wiah all the best

• Posted

I have this too and it's been going on for about a month. Did you ever find out what it was? Freaking out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.