Weird buzzing feeling left side of my chest under breast.

Posted , 54 users are following.

Hey guys,

For the last couple of months I have been experiencing a weird symptom.  When I lay down sometimes I get this weird vibrating feeling on the left side of my chest it’s in the are under my breast. It last one second there’s no pain but it does wake me up from my sleep, I get scared about it because I don’t know if it’s my heart but it doesn’t feel like a palpitation it’s more like a buzzing feeling. Also it only happens as I’m falling asleep.

Does anyone have this, 

2 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hello from Canada.

This popped up in a Google search a few days ago and it caught my attention because I had the same thing, many years ago, and I've never known why. In my case it happened mostly while I was at work. I never told my doctor because I knew he would never believe me. I wasn't sure I believed it myself, it was just too weird, and I am surprised to see that other people have experienced the same thing.

My best, unqualified guess is that it has something to do with the electrical system in the heart. I have something similar happening right now, a vibration or shaky feeling that begins in my back, in the area around my heart and sort of travels down to my legs. I do have some heart problems, but I can't tell if it's related. It seems to occur on it's own, separate from the palpitations and arrhythmias.

Anyway, my advice to anyone else who reads this would be don't take any chances. Do not assume that it is nothing to worry about just because you don't have chest pain. There are a lot of heart conditions that don't cause pain or any other severe symptoms. Most of them are harmless, some of them are not. So if you think it might be your heart, get it checked.

• Edited

Hi Canuky72...

I've just joined today and noticed your post.

You mentioned about "vibration or shaky feeling that begins in my back, in the area around my heart and sort of travels down to my legs. "

Did you get to the bottom of this as I seem to suffering from the same thing and having numerous tests but not finding a solution or diagnosis...

• Posted

This is happening to me also. Sometimes it wakes me up. I've been trying to "catch" it happening with my Apple watch, but my doctor says everything looks normal. It feels like a vibrating cell phone in my chest. it will happen on and off for a few seconds for a day or so. I had a heart monitor for 30 days and it not happen one time. I think my doctor thinks I'm crazy. I don't know how it could be stress if it happens sometimes while I am sleeping.

• Posted

I am a male 43 years of age. I also have these chest vibrations. It affects me the most at bedtime and they happen right when I'm just about to fall asleep. It doesn't allow me to sleep and I'm worried now of what this could be. I never had any issues with sleeping. People keep saying anxiety but honestly, if it wasn't for this vibration I would be sleeping like a baby. The anxiety comes from the fact that it doesn't allow me to sleep. I've tried melatonin, magnesium, magnesium calm drinks. and nothing seems to work. Someone please help. I haven't slept well and I feel like no one has an answer to what this could be.

• Posted

I am a 67 y/o female i have noticed this in the past. It has started again this week. I keep thinking it is my cell phone. Today it is very frequent

• Posted

i am a 42 yr old male i have the same feeling of vibration on my left chest it freaks me out i have been dealing with anxiety diorder for over a year now and stopped taking anxiety medication for like 1 month and 2 weeks thats when i started felling this vibrating on my chest i stopped taking them cause of really bad side effects and honestly don't know if all of this is tide up to it i just want to feel normal again if any one could shed some light to this matter will greatly be appreciated

• Edited

Hi, I've got the same issue, is started 1 year ago after the first lockdown.

I had blood test and ECG and it was all fine, still I've got this vibration. I feel it under my breast, on the left side no pain but just strange 🤔

My gp said its anxiety but believe me if I tried everything, yoga, meditation, bed time teas, it happens during the day tought not in the night time. And also if I'm busy doing something it doesn't happen...

Strange.

If you have any answers I think you could help lots of people, I'm a bit more relaxed to see that there's other people with this issue.

• Posted

I am 43-year-old woman. This 'phantom phone vibration' has been happening in my right chest for the past two weeks (so opposite my heart). I don't even know how to describe it to my doctor aside from that and would love to know what it is. happens for a few seconds at a time throughout the day but can stop for hours at a time

• Edited

I have the same feeling and I figured out how to describe it , put your index finger and thumb together ,rub your index finger down your thumb with a bit of pressure and lightly you should get that feeling you feel . I didn't go to the doctor yet but that's what I'm going to get him to do to understand what I mean , hope this helps everyone

• Posted

I have had internal pulsing vibrations many times. It switches locations. Sometimes it's in my chest, my stomach, my arms and now it's around my pelvis on the left side only. It's like a ringing telephone. It vibrates for 1 sec, stops for 6 sec, vibrates for 1 sec, stops for 6 sec; over and over all day long. It happened a lot when I would wake up in the morning but now it is happening all day. I have no idea what it is. It has to be an indication of SOMETHING! Planning to see a functional doctor someday soon.

• Posted

Hi did u manage to get any diagnosis? Does this vibration feel electric at times.? I have this for a yr

• Posted

I feel something very similar. It's like a vibration/bubbling sensation near the heart. It comes and goes. I started feeling it again after a couple of months. I went to a cardiologist about a year ago and everything was ok. He did say that it may be anxiety. It drives me nuts!!!

• Posted

I'm 65. I just started having this vibration several days ago. Last night while I was trying to fall asleep, it lasted at least a minute. I didn't think to try and catch it on my iWatch but I will next time. I do have an ascending aortic aneurysm and I thought it might be due to that. My annual CT scan in May revealed that it had grown slightly over the past year but it's not large enough to surgically correct.

I'm not on any new medications so I've ruled that out. It's the strangest sensation and it's under the breastbone but about 2 inches to the left. It feels like my iPhone buzzing but not as strong. In my case, it's not within the breast. If my doctor is concerned, I'll chime back in on here and let you know what she says.

• Edited

I've had this for a couple of weeks now. only during the day (that I'm aware of), multiple times a day, right side of chest, just a couple of seconds. Drives me crazy. But I also had this several years ago and one day it just quit on its own . So I'm deciding not to worry.

• Posted

forgot to say 69 year old female

• Posted

I had this about 3 1/2 years ago. I went to a cardiologist and had every test. He said there was nothing wrong that they could find. He did say that i don't have afib but my heart speeds up and self-corrects? the interesting thing is that the tests took a couple of weeks to complete. During that time I stopped drinking my usual 2 cups of coffee with splenda as had been my habit for a decade or more. I switched to tea with sugar and the vibrations stopped. I thought it must be either the caffeine or the splenda or maybe it was a digestive issue. Unfortunately, the buzzing started again a few days ago so it isnt coffee or splenda thats causing it.

• Posted

Hi I have this internal vibrations buzzing in my whole body from last yr Jan during covid and it never stopped. Sometimes I get and electrical flow current.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.