Weird Feeling in Head/Brain

Posted , 55 users are following.

I suffer from Anxiety and Depression. I went cold turkey off my meds which I know is very stupid. I am back on them now for 3 weeks so far but not seeing an improvement yet. I was wondering if anyone has a feeling that I am feeling. I wake up every morning with severe anxiety and feeling like I am very spaced out and not in my body. It is almost as if I am just a body taking up space. I feel like I will never get better. I have read about Depersonalization so perhaps it's that. It tends to last all day unless I don't think about it which is not very often. Could it be s brain tumor that is causing this? Is it the anxiety or Depression? How long will it take until my meds kick in. if anyone else could explain there experience if they have this that would be great. I feel like people get this but not all day. 

7 likes, 99 replies

99 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi at the moment I am feeling the same, been like this for a few weeks from no where, took 3 weeks worth of sertraline and felt worse now been on seroxat 2 days, I can't wait for 3 weeks to pass to see any welcomed improvement! What tablets are you on? Hope you get some relief soon x
    • Posted

It's such a scary feeling. No idea why it happens. I don't feel like I am having a panic attack but still have the feeling. I am on Citalopram. 
    • Posted

Yes I'm exactly the same I just feel like I'm on the edge of one but I keep talking myself out of it, trying to float past it, trying to say positive things! It's so hard isn't it x
    • Posted

It's so hard. I always think there is no way this can be anxiety. It makes me just want to sit in my house and not move as I think everyone will look at me and think I am crazy. I believe my meds are finally starting to kick in those because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Though I am not all the way out of it I don't see myself thinking about it as much which helps me forget about it. Now just to get up off the couch. 
    • Posted

same here , i dont go into a panic attack, i just feel anxious about it when i think about it and feel like that, but even though you feel like your not thinking about it , your thoughts and feeling and worrys dont just go away easily, your bodys nerves and other function all get messed uo and go into diff modes when under alot of stress, anxiety, depression. it happens to me and i wont literally be thinking about anything or worrying but it kinda just sticks and takes time and teqniques and meds if needed to get rid of or feel normal . does alot to your nervouse sysytem and seratonin levels, and mental stress.

• Posted

I've been on citalopram for almost 3 weeks is the feeling of side effects such as mild anxiety sharp pain in my head and feeling spaced out go away?

• Posted

All that pain on your head it’s just the nerves stablelizing, there’s nothing to be afraid off. Any other doubts let me know and I’ll answer back, I know it helps to talk about it especially because I just went through the whole experience.
    • Posted

hi .. just read your post regarding side effects. I have been on citalopram for 9 weeks just 10mg and it has helped I can now oout the house on my own and thinking of going back to work I sill get a little anxious and funny feeling like tingling in my head and waves of sensation in my head and body but feel so much better. Does it take that long to stablelize
    • Posted

How long did it take the depersonalation to go away and what did you take!! I am on week 5 yesterday i am on venlatafaxine 75mg and i still wake up with very bad despesonalatitatuon!!!!
  • Posted

I would give it a bit more time your body is just still trying to adjust to the sudden disruption of quiting.

anti anxiety / depressants take weeks before you feel any improvements and in the begining can even cause more anxiety it is a side effect.

• Posted

Thanks Tinamn. I think that is the important thing to wait and let the meds do their job. I did a pretty rough thing to my body after being on them for 7 years or so and then just stopping. Going to take some time to get them back in my systems. Has been 3 weeks but hoping it happens sooner then later. 
    • Posted

It will, I know I have been through the same thing.
    • Posted

What kind of symptoms did you have? Anything weird in your head or always feeling very spaced out and not in your body?
    • Posted

Both and am currently because I am weening myself off of them after years of taking.

I have a constant anxiety attack every night for about an hour before I can go to sleep but I have been through this before and know it will eventually pass I just need to ride it out.

It is a bit worse because I am now haveing hormone changes due to menopause.

So as soon as I can I will get my herbs and I am confident I will feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.