Weird Feeling in Head/Brain

Posted , 55 users are following.

I suffer from Anxiety and Depression. I went cold turkey off my meds which I know is very stupid. I am back on them now for 3 weeks so far but not seeing an improvement yet. I was wondering if anyone has a feeling that I am feeling. I wake up every morning with severe anxiety and feeling like I am very spaced out and not in my body. It is almost as if I am just a body taking up space. I feel like I will never get better. I have read about Depersonalization so perhaps it's that. It tends to last all day unless I don't think about it which is not very often. Could it be s brain tumor that is causing this? Is it the anxiety or Depression? How long will it take until my meds kick in. if anyone else could explain there experience if they have this that would be great. I feel like people get this but not all day. 

7 likes, 99 replies

99 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi yadeed I use to suffer from anxiety and depression when I was younger.i was a single mother working a hard job and I would have panic attaches because mostly I think I had a fear of death and I know that also with anxiety it cause a chemical imbalance In the brain which will make us have run away thoughts.i was scared of everything because I did not want to die because I did not know where I would go.i don't know your religion But it was when I got my spiritual Life correct that I did not worry anymore for death.i am not preaching to you just letting you know how I over came my anxiety and depression.most of the time when we are checking our Necks to feel is my heart beating Normal or not it's because we have a fear that something is wrong and we might Die from something.i know that sometimes we do need the medicine to help get our chemicals under control but we also need to have healthy thinking to keep our fears under control.I went to a little old lady one day when I was having a very bad panic attack And I knew she was a Christian.i told I feel like God was giving up on me and my fear was so strong that I Felt As if I could die at that very moment And go to hell.the little lady told me in a sweet voice that God had not given up on me and would I like to take him in my heart to be saved and I told her yes in my most desperate Voice because I did not want to fear death anymore I was so tired.she opened the Bible to Romans chapter 10 verses 9-13 and we payed for Jesus to come into my heart and I got saved that day.i continued My learning from reading and going to church and I Concord
    • Posted

Can you tell me about how when you were having a very bad panic attack you were talking to a Christian lady and you told her that God have given up on you she told you to read verses 9 ,13 I to suffer from health anxiety how did it help you I am having anxiety everyday I have stopped working lost all interest in everything waiting to see a councillor I have been suffering from death anxiety at the moment my thoughts are not so bad but now my thoughts are about my heart and I have a lot of adrenalin going around my body any help would be most helpful thanks

• Posted

Hey carol, I know what it's like to go through this crazy outrages thoughts. Such weird thoughts that even we think we're being stupid for them sometimes. I suffer from anxiety and in the past 3 weeks I suffered from it very badly until I realized some things. 1st comes acceptance, accept whatever problems you may have and dont dwell on it. Try your hardest to ignore anything negative that is going on with you, any pain, any sensation because stressing about only makes it worse and the odds are that it is just stress that is making you feel bad. Belive that everything will be okay, trust me, there a saying that says: if nothing is okay in the end, then it's not the end yet (believe it). Because everything eventually comes to pass and times like this will pass. Try to see the positive side of it! Maybe what your going through is just a way of changing you for the better, and letting you become a better you, not all bad things are exactly bad. Sometimes the best things come from the worst things. Many blessing wishes for you and everyone : )

• Posted

Thank you for replying could you tell me any symtoms you would get in your chest at the moment my chest does not feel good and I worry about it everyday it feels not right but no pain thanks
    • Posted

Look up what palpitations are, that might be what you're getting, I get them from my anxiety, it's normal to get them when you're stressed for too long and it's not painful. Bad health and bad sleeping habits contribute to all of this aswell.

• Posted

If you don’t want to get on meds, what is actually working for it’s a supplement named Sukrol you can find it on RideAid, Walgreens, Vons or EBay, I take two of those a day for the anxiety, I’m also currently taking vitamins B12 (once a day), and vitamins D3-2000 ( two a day) those help you to stablelize your brain because I know depression and over thinking any little pain or thought of going crazy and never getting well, it’s hard for anybody to go through that but yes praying will give you the strength to get through this, Psalms 91. 
  • Posted

HI, I can't tell you how relieved I am to see there is someine else out there that thinks like me even tho I'm so so sorry that you do I feel a little better and I hope you do to. I suffer from Sevier anxiety and I'm always scared there is something major medically wrong with me. 5 months ago my Lexapro just up and quit working my head felt so weird and it's something I can't explain right. I felt I was going crazy. Since then I have been on a journey to finding a medication to actually work again. It's the worst feeling when you have tried numerous medications and nothing is working you can't get any peace. I am now on effexor 37.5 MG and going into my 3rd week I feel it helping a little bit as I don't wake up extremely nervous like I was but then it comes. They want me to go up on the MG but when I tried to it made my anxiety worse. I feel hopeless and like I am never going to get my life back. I lost my job and I just sit around the house cause I'm scared of going anywhere now. Anywaus I will be praying for you and just know I still feel exactly how you feel and I'm so sorry you feel this way.
    • Posted

I totally feel how you feel its scary and i wish it would stop i wanna be normal again and be my out going self but all i do now is stay in bed it sucks and im tired of all the pain .i just wanna know how your feeling now please get back thanks.
    • Posted

hope you are still out there as i feel just like you, cant get the right medication then got one but cant get raised dose as anxiety spikes.feel ill never get my old life back. What to do next? Psych doesnt really know either

• Posted

Yadeed , I am feeling the exact same way right now and have been for a month now and its not going away I feel like this everyday sometimes all day if i dont think about it but its really hard not to. It really scares me what should I do . I also feel like my face burns up . if anyone can let me know what this may be that would be great
    • Posted

Hi, sorry you are still feeling this way. Im also trying to get back to normal. About 6 months ago I started feeling really anxious at work, I've had it before and usually controlled breathing works but this day it didn't, the adrenaline rush just got stronger and those weird head feeling where you think you're going mad. I had about 5 weeks off work, went to the GP as I was sure my citalopram had stopped working ( taken for abt 10 years) but apparently not. They said it was a delayed response to my relationship break up, moving house and all the stress that goes with it ( this was almost 1 1/2 years ago) . I was referred to a CBT therapist, I have done 8 weeks telephone and so far 5 weeks face to face. I am making lots of progress but still have the odd bad day where I feel like it's all coming back and never going to leave me. You will get there but it does take time. I changed my diet to cut out all junk and include lots of magnesium rich foods ( this is good for anxiety) , I take more exercise, quit smoking, positive thought challenging when the irrational thoughts creep in.... It can sometimes be a long road and I hope my story has helped a little. X

• Posted

I'm 15 and I've been suffering from really bad depression for ages, months in fact, I'm scared to leave the house because it's so overwhelming just like people are describing the fog feeling and sometimes I feel the floor is moving for a split second. I feel Asif I need medication but my doctor has scared me saying she doesn't want to put me on it because I may be come an addict, but I've stopped eating, I getting fatigue and over whelming fear of nothing, I want to go out but idk how, so I need medication? And so you know why I'm s armed when I leave the house?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.