Weird Feeling in Head/Brain

Posted , 55 users are following.

I suffer from Anxiety and Depression. I went cold turkey off my meds which I know is very stupid. I am back on them now for 3 weeks so far but not seeing an improvement yet. I was wondering if anyone has a feeling that I am feeling. I wake up every morning with severe anxiety and feeling like I am very spaced out and not in my body. It is almost as if I am just a body taking up space. I feel like I will never get better. I have read about Depersonalization so perhaps it's that. It tends to last all day unless I don't think about it which is not very often. Could it be s brain tumor that is causing this? Is it the anxiety or Depression? How long will it take until my meds kick in. if anyone else could explain there experience if they have this that would be great. I feel like people get this but not all day. 

7 likes, 99 replies

99 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Do you need to see doctor before taking medication or you can just go self medication, been suffering from anxiety and no one understands me. They all think im getting out of my mind
  • Posted

I feel this way too. I haven't had a chance to get in to see my doctor for medication as everything snowballed so quickly for me. With the brain/head feeling weird, did it ever feel like there was a blanket wrapped around your brain?

• Posted

Is this thread still active?!?! I am experiencing the EXACT SAME thing...did you find relief?
  • Posted

I am a hindu.....i live in india...i have a werid something happeing behind my backback of head....i was totally afraid...but now...i know i am not only the one....from now onwards...i started doing exercise...i hope i will be fine in some weeks or days...god bless all of u with your health!!!

• Posted

I hope this thread is still alive. I've going through some weird stuff right now. Had the whole anxiety depersonalisation thing, now I'm having these weird over welming feelings in my head at night. Just can't explain it, it almost makes me jump up about and gives me that butterfly feeling in my belt straight away.

Someone tell me I'm not alone

• Posted

It's a symptom of anxiety, took me about 3-4 months on a high dose SSRI to slowly come out of it, it's one of the scariest feelings in the world, but it does slowly start to lift once you're stress response calms down

• Posted

I wake every day feeling not like me, cant face the day, my head is all mixed up and i dont want to get up.  Have tried several anti deps but all gave me awful nausea and anxiety. Now on mirtazapine low dose. All,I get is sleep i think.  My dr thinks i have ibs too as i have random bouts of diarrhoea. All down to anxiety?  Cant pinpoint cause at all, just arrived after i had surgery, is there anything in anaesthetic. Ould start this i often wonder.
  • Posted

I've been suffering from panick attacks for year on and off it went away for years but has now returned it's making me feel very scared and isolated to the point that I'm afraid to go anywhere I have been put on citalopram 10 mg. But this feeling in my head is really worrying me to the point that I panick more and think I'm going to pass out I start to feel this wave of cold through my body and I get very scared I feel like like I'm going mad and also thinking that it's more sinister

• Posted

I would suggest everyone to please give the medication time. I know it's tough but it doesn't happen over night. I wrote this thread over a year ago and I was in a dark dark place. I am still on my meds and in a much better place. Your brain needs to re fire and start to get use to the meds. If you had a broken leg you would put a cast on and give it time. Please do the same with your meds. You will be ok.

• Posted

I have tried several,different meds but all no,good. Whatnhelped you
    • Posted

I tried anout 15 pills and still only xanax gives me while of normal life😢

• Posted

Seems i am the same, is there nothing else out there to rid me ofmthese symptoms, surely cant spend life on benzos?  Even then days are not normal as in life i had before all,this.  do you think there are people who just cannot tolerate anti depressants?
    • Posted

I can' t tolerate antidepressants either and am only on very low dose Xanax. My anxiety is so bad lately with the light headed fuzzy feeling in my head. I am just not sure what to do next and don't even like to be out in public. I know how you are feeling

• Posted

Thanks, we just need some assistance. There is seemingly a genetic test they can do which tells them what everyone can or cant take.  In usa inthink. Why are we so far behind
    • Posted

I have not heard of that test. My physicain did not really do anything. I had such bad side effects with one Paxil pill that I am terrified of trying anything else

• Posted

Wow,few days ago i got prescribed Gabapentin for sleep first night i took 100 amd it didnt put me to sleep at all ,so contacted my doctor she asked me to take 2 pills,i started shaking so bad Er again,than i.was taking welbutrin which made me sllep all day, im so scared of geting mee medications 0.5 xanax narely helps me with my panic atacks,that i get fee times a day and v.been seeing doctor now 5th month

Any suggestions? Icant live like thatsad((

Help

• Posted

Unfortunately they still havent fixed me.  The anti deps dont work or are awful to take.  I think we need to see psych more often to tell,them how bad we feel and need a change of meds as we are not managing.  I can only see mine four times a year, its not good enough.try to see someone to discuss a change of meds.
    • Posted

Xanax it’s highly additive 😞, I never used for the same reason but what is actually working for it’s a supplement named Sukrol you can find it on RideAid, Walgreens, Vons or EBay, I take two of those a day for the anxiety, I’m also currently taking vitamins B12 (once a day), and vitamins D3-2000 ( two a day) those help you to stablelize your brain. With this give it a month to stablelize you, but I do recommend to talk about how you feel to anybody, for me everything felt like a dream like I was in a body that it wasn’t me but I forced myself to continue to go to work and do my regular routine no matter how I feel and that has also helped a lot. But trust me the vitamins help a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.