Weird head sensation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies, anyone reading my posts will know my worst meno sensations have been off balance, sore stiff neck, anxiety and low mood.

I can't remember if i've been tensing my neck or if it just happened as part of peri.  Anyway, i've been holding my neck rigid for so long now that I'm scared to move it around incase it makes me dizzy or lose my balance, I don't know how I'm going to correct this because i'm too scared to let anyone touch it

I think the symptoms have got worse since my mum passed away in January this year.  I just wanted to know if any ladies have experienced this weird sensation, I can't really explain it but here goes.  As I said I dont really turn my head left or right or look up or down, i tend to avoid this, but sometimes when acknowledging what someones saying my head kinda nods by itself not noticeable  but as if it nods on the inside which makes me feel queasy, don't know if the nausea is anxiety or part of these horrible meno symptoms, it's really weird

The sensations are causing me to suffer from panic disorder and very low mood as I can't see how I'm going to fix this

Id be grateful if anyone can relate to this and offer any reassurance

I've been on tibolone for approx 4 months

Thanks, hugs

Brenda xx

PS I had a ct scan last year on head and neck which was normal

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am in the same boat I am feeling spacey now.. I hope we find a solution . I did hear however it's hormonal

• Posted

"same boat" lol, thats what it feels like.  I'm usually ok until i get up and start walking then I feel off balance, I need to sit with my head supported and I use two pillows so that I'm not lying flat in bed, once i'm lying I feel ok but as soon as I get up out of bed I feel of balance and weird

Sometimes I feel I'm going to be left like this and it makes me feel really anxious and depressed, surely things will settle soon

I hope you get some peace from all these symptoms soon as well tracy

All the best

Brenda x

• Posted

Oh Brenda im so sorry for your loss, that's a massive trauma for you to deal with.

Let me tell you ive been freaking out about my neck too, it feels like yours and makes me feel sick aswell, I get horrible headaches all the time I wake up with them and go to bed with them and it scares me so much. My neck creaks and cracks and I too feel wobbly and weird when I turn certain ways - I went to my useless doctor last week and he just gave me ibuprofen which hurts my stomach, so its like there's so much to stress about all the time. Life's just not the same any more and the anxiety of it all is ruining everything every day in fact it's crap ??

• Posted

I can't believe hormones can cause all of these symptoms.  I was already suffering from stress when this hit me, I've been through hell since January 2015, work stress (i've now resigned), went into meno, mum ill then she passed away.

The anxiety is incredible at times I feel as if I'm losing my mind, I'm not sure how hormones affect your neck but someone said lack of estrogen affects all your joints but I'm taking tibolone so youd think things would ease.

Your right Lou, lifes not the same anymore and everyday is a struggle I hope we can all look back on this horrible phase soon and get on with our lives.  I'll never take anything for granted again.

All the best

Brenda xx

• Posted

Poor you you've had such a rough time of it and all the suffering still, I understand how you feel I really honestly do - within the last two and a half years my dad died in front of me, I had major op, my nan died and then hubby had a heart attack at home and every symptom I get I think is a horrible disease that's gonna kill me. Every day there's a new thing to deal with, stomach, head, neck, all 66 meno symptoms, health anxiety , panic, palpitations, terrible hot flushes oh my god the flipping list goes on and on, most mornings I don't want to get up scared of the day ahead and when I do my head is banging so hard I want to be sick - it really is just so horrible, I would do almost anything to be 15 years younger again and feel well, I can't see me ever feeling any better I feel so bloody ill. If anyone told me things will get better I'd find it really hard to believe as I can't see it happening I really can't. Sending hugs to you for what you're going through xx

• Posted

I'll reply to you tomorrow Lou when I'm on my laptop, in bed on my iPhone and adverts keep popping up when I'm typing

Take care

Brenda xx

• Posted

You should try going to a chiropractor, not a muscular skeletal but a wellness one. I was terrified to go to one but I finally found the courage and it has made a world of difference. The wellness chiropractic offices are more gentle.
    • Posted

Malesia, I won't even let my husband touch my neck.  My GP gave me accupuncture, before he placed the needles in he placed his hand firmly on the back of my neck, that night I felt I could hardly walk and started to panic.  I really don't know how I'm going to turn this around, this peri/meno has made me scared of everything.

Thanks

love Brenda xx

• Posted

It sounds like labrynthitis or some other inner ear disorder. I have had it in the past and it really is distressing. It passed for me after a few days but I know it can last for weeks even months. My son in law was off work for two months with it. Because there are no outward symptoms to see, people thought he was being lazy, he just couldn't stand up or move his head without feeling sick and dizzy. He got better slowly by doing little things and fortunately his employer let him go back to work gradually an hour or so at a time. 

• Posted

ive had the same exactly as you say, dont despair its ok im peri meno and must be hormones.   as anyone had temp inability to write for a few minutes this ahappened to me tonight iwas unable to grip my pan and what i wrote was illegible?
    • Posted

Yes Debi I've had this, feel all clumsy and lack coordination, keep dropping things

It's crazy and we're supposed to just get on with it ??????

Love

Brenda x

• Posted

I'm in the boat too,hormones are they to scare us can't harm us

We just have to take the bull by the horns and take one day at a time

I always find these symptoms go and come and hopefully subside for good one day

• Posted

I hope your right Maria, I'm at the end of my tether with the weird sensations

I wish I just had normal symptoms like other woman who can still function normally like hot flushes, fatigue etc no not me I've got to have the lot ????

Love

Brenda x

• Posted

Tell me about it I get the full Monty not all 66 symptoms but i had some weird sensations at the beginning of Peri

And still getting crap but I'm gritting teeth and getting through it

Just hope post silk be better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.