Weird sensation while trying to go to sleep

Posted , 31 users are following.

Does anyone get this, hard to explain but il have my eyes closed then it feels like a huge whoosh has come over me prompting me to open my eyes quick to refocus almost like my heart has stops and I need to take a deep breath

3 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Emma next time keep yours eyes shut - let that "whoosh" come over you. See what happens. You will be pleasanlty surprised smile
    • Posted

But my instant reaction is to open my eyes quick it scares me to the point I think I'm dying or something 😥
    • Edited

i get those getting as well. anyone figure out what might be happening? scared me last night. getting them more often.

• Posted

Emma well you clearly haven't died so far smile and you won't die cause of it. Even if you keep repeating it for like 100 times.
  • Posted

It just frightens me so much what the hell is it? And why does it happen when I'm relaxed
  • Posted

It is an irrational fear in your head. Not real. Keep letting that whoosh come on until your brain gets bored of it. You won't feel that way afterwards.
  • Edited

I have had this in the past sometimes it feels like its all nite long its sooo scary its such a strange feelin and trying to explianing it 2 n e 1 is soo hard x
    • Posted

I know I just get myself so worked up. I just don't get what it is and why it's happening x
    • Posted

Both of you - perhaps can you exactly tell me what sort of thoughts do you get. Nevermind the physical symptoms. If we are to identify those thoughts and counter them then the physical symptoms will go away.
    • Edited

I just feel like my heart is going strange and why am o all of a sudden gasping for a breath
    • Posted

I get this feeling too, it's hard to say what you are thinking of because it happens when your mind has taken over and you are about to fall asleep. Scares the hell of me, feels like my heart stopped and I'm about to die.

started around 2 years ago, out of the blue..

• Posted

it happened to me right now has anyone find its solution. sometimes it also feels like you can feel presence of someone standing besides you while you've closed your eyes

• Posted

Ince im really tired all weird visual things have happened. Lights, strange light..i think we are all way to aware of our bodies. I went for an eye exam today and told the doc he agreed just way to aware. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.