Weird sensation while trying to go to sleep

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone get this, hard to explain but il have my eyes closed then it feels like a huge whoosh has come over me prompting me to open my eyes quick to refocus almost like my heart has stops and I need to take a deep breath

0 likes, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Emma next time keep yours eyes shut - let that "whoosh" come over you. See what happens. You will be pleasanlty surprised smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Emma well you clearly haven't died so far smile and you won't die cause of it. Even if you keep repeating it for like 100 times.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It just frightens me so much what the hell is it? And why does it happen when I'm relaxed
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It is an irrational fear in your head. Not real. Keep letting that whoosh come on until your brain gets bored of it. You won't feel that way afterwards.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have had this in the past sometimes it feels like its all nite long its sooo scary its such a strange feelin and trying to explianing it 2 n e 1 is soo hard x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Ince im really tired all weird visual things have happened. Lights, strange light..i think we are all way to aware of our bodies. I went for an eye exam today and told the doc he agreed just way to aware. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have this feeling too. It's not every night, it'll just randomly happen a couple of times some nights. It used to terrify me, until I found that it happened to other anxiety sufferers. It proved to me it's nothing wrong with my heart and is just my anxiety playing up, and now I accept it.

Like dubia27765 said you have to let it 'whoosh' over you. I know it's easier said than done but I promise you just get used to it, and once it doesn't phase us, who knows. It might just disappear.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Emma,

I had this feeling whilst away on a girls weekend, it lasted all night and everytime I closed my eye that 'whoosing' sensastion would begin. Its hard to explain I know but mine felt like it was starting in my cheset and like a wave towards my head and when it got there I would have to open my eyes. It was horrible so I sympathise completely. I went to a medical practice and they said it was panic attacks.  I havent had that feeling in ages , are you on medication? I am.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,  emma...I'm sure what you have is anxiety, but please ask your doctor about sleep apnea...that is where you actually forget to breath in your sleep or when you are near sleep stage...If you check out, then consider it just anxiety.  I have sleep apnea, so I always sleep with my head on two pillows and on my side, if I can...Hope this helps, sweetie...
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know your message is for Emma, but when I first started getting this symptom I went to the doctors and she asked if I snore. I know snoring is a symptom of sleep apnea, but as soon as I said I don't think I snore she said it absolutely can't be apnea. Does someone HAVE to snore to have sleep apnea?
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I get this too ... It's nice to hear other people get it too.. not in a mean way or anything! Lol but honestly it's terrifying but it's not gonna do anything to u .. smile
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up