WELL EVERYONE I'M READY TO TAKE THE PLUNGE.

Posted , 15 users are following.

I'm the teaching tennis guy from Chicago. A year ago i had my rotator cuff totally repaired...

A few months later i had my hip replaced (which was the most painless surgery and recovery!)

But in 6 days...April 15th I'm going in for my TKR.

I was all confident and excited until i read about alllll the pain you all are experiencing...AND my good friend just had hers done yesterday.

I went to visit her this noon and she was "good."

But she just texted me (its almost midnight here...and she's crying and throwing up from the pain!

Then I show her this site and found myself scaring the pants off of me!

OMG...IS IT REALLY THAT PAINFUL?

I swear i didn't feel anything on the hip replaced. But this isn't sounding good.

You're all depressed...i see some of you are in awful pain weeks and months post op.

For my friends sake, Ms Morgan, Linda, please give her your experiences as I'm going to have her read these replies!

OMG...YIKESSSS.....CRICKEY.....YOU ALL HAVE ME SCARED TO DEATH!!!!!

Maybe I'll cancel and become a sheppard. Lol

David from Chicago

4 likes, 78 replies

78 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Now that's scary! I understand the reckless urge and the tedium of convalescence. Daytime TV is dire! But have you done your risk check? Even if you're driving an automatic & it's your left knee affected, a sudden twinge could affect your driving & insurance companies can be sticky about coverage when you're so soon after surgery.

Bodies work the way they do for a reason. You've had major surgery and it's a success... so far. But swelling like you describe is a sign that you're already overdoing things a bit. So is doing more to stress healing tissue is a good idea? Seriously?

You can tell I'm a nurse, can't you? But do take it easy till the leg is less 'acute' and you've had some chance to heal. Cabin fever is bad, but in the long run, you've got to get fit again.

I wasn't sure I still had a kneecap for weeks, due to the swelling. But rest, elevation and ice help reduce it. It's a normal inflammatory response, but your circulation improves if you can keep it minimal. Good circulation makes for faster healing.

• Posted

Hi David, you don't know me but I have a few suggestions that just may help you. From your posts I can tell you are an unbelievably gorgeous hunk of a man. So keeping this in mind, you need to have a harem of about 7-9 women over everyday.. Since they will be falling all over you because you are such a super-star tennis pro your pain will simply go away. In other words, you will be so busy "spending time with each woman" you most definitely won't have time to worry about your knee pain.  I hope this suggestion helps. 
    • Posted

Ok everyone say hello to my friend masuggaLinda! We both had our TKR's dine by the sane surgein...only hers was 7 days before mine.

We're close in age...yet when it comes to pain she falls apart...lol she had to go to a glamorous inpatient nursing/rehab facility while I'm having fun at home!

Don't believe a word she says. Lol

I've got NO such harem. I've got only golddiggers who use ne...break my heart and run!

So there masuggaLinda...what do u have to say now??? 😄

• Posted

Hi Dave, I just buzzed my nurse. She is one of the numerous staff members that work at the exclusive rehab center I am currently residing in. My every need and desire is answered by a "push of a button."  For example, I need to get my 10 p.m. evening pain pill. All I do is push the call button and my nurse appears. It's like magic! Now Dave, I realize that you have been extremely envious of me since I came to "The Palace," (my nick name  for  the facility I am in), and Dave I am really alright with this. See a lot of people use humor to hide their real feelings. And I know that you WISH you could also be staying at the "palace" but unfortunately you are a peasant.  However, since we are such good friends, I am formally inviting you over to the "Palace" next week for dinner. Once a week we are allowed to choose a friend to take part in the festivities of our kingdom, so I have chosen YOU

No RSVP is necessary. Just come to the front door and the receptionist will let me know that you have arrived. Dave, have a good evening and please give my regards to the "harem." Nighty, night...

• Posted

It's DAVID Linda...not Dave biggrin

And secondly, I wish i had a harem...

We'll see about the sedar...today is a bad day. Leg is on 🔥

Lol...anyone remember the song FIRE...starts out with, I AM THE GD OF HELL FIRE...AND I BRING YOUUUU Fire da da daaaaaaa lol

• Posted

Dave,  

sorry you are having a bad day today.  Put some ice on that fire...Ice Ice baby...bump da bump.....LOL.  Hope you get it under control .

pam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.