Well i done it i won

Posted , 13 users are following.

Well after a long fight I have now been officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia and put on the support group and they have back paid me £4.700 which was one hell of a shock. So my advice is fight the doctors who don't believe like i did don't give up. It's a big weight off my shoulders and wow it feels good xxx

9 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done you, VALIDATION yay..be blessed Lisa, the truth will always set you free..have a lovely day..we do battle on all fronts.. but our war is never over..if we always have hope..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Well done, Lisa! It can be done... it can take time, but at least you proved that you were right from the start.

I never tell anyone to give up, if you're entitled it's worth fighting for, and you certainly proved them wrong. smile smile

All the best,

Les.

• Posted

Oh Lisa; WELL done........now you maybe able to give me some help...........as I live in Australia, I know there will be a LOt of different rules.........but that would help this family .....firstly, as my husband still works, does this come into getting assistance?.....or is one of the  criteria being sole income?....  it's things like Medical Expenses, on it's own, that adds up in this household.......Bron
    • Posted

Hi Bron..from one Aussie to another..you should be entitled to a part disability pension...I get one..I have also quite a large superannuation pension that is tax free but we still get part pension each, it's that health care card that's important...my husband had to give work up about 20 years ago..for me...we managed on my superannuation pension quite well for 10 of them...when I was enquiring if I could get a health care card..they told us we were entitled to much more than that....I was shocked, worth a good try..be blessed..have a lovely day..it's beautiful down here in at as today....lovely and sunny...:-) xxx

best news was that they backdated it for 3 months too....victory...

• Posted

Lisa, I'm so pleased to hear your good news - you must feel like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders. I'm very pleased for you. Hopefully it will make life a bit easier for you now. Is it just PIP or ESA too and at which levels? Do you have other conditions too or just fibro? I was pleased when my award came through too x
  • Posted

Thank you, Bron i dont know how it works in Oz but in the uk we have the nhs which is free medical services. my husband does not work he stays at home with me we havent applied for any other benefits i am on the higher rate of esa apparently only 9% of patients get on this level of esa, if we applied for pip or dla or carers allowance what i would gain in them i would lose in my esa main claim so we have left it as is. the woman who gave me my medical said i was so bad she wouldnt give me the physical examination as it would only make me painful the next day. it is such a relief, my illnesses r as follows;

Fibro (had for 5+ yrs)

IBS (had for 10+ yrs)

Polycystic ovaries (had fo 15 yrs)

Asthma ( developed in the last year)

Health Anxiety (had for 10+ yrs)

maybe having them all helped my case i do not know but at least this time i was heard. i wish u all luck in ur fight, dont give up xxx

• Posted

Hi Lisa; thankyou, you were very lucky to have an "understanding" female to do the assessment.........and Yes, I thought, as always, it would depend on whether our husbands/partners/others were able "financially support us".....not taking into account that this can also mean them having to "work away from home to do so"......Bron
    • Posted

Thanks Lisa. I too am in the esa support group which awards the high level of benefit as I had to stop working due to many other illnesses as well as fibro but I also claimed pip successfully too !! Xx
    • Posted

i tried to get pip about a year ago b4 mydiagnosis and scored 0 points as i did with a previous esa medical only this time i got someone who saw the pain i was in and helped me. i will be enquiring as to what other help i may be able to get as i have real problems with my legs i cant walk too far some days and i avoid hills at all costs. i did get a parking fine for being late back to the car park as i had bad legs and needed to sit for a while i did also get off with paying the fine. i can use my legs to drive all day but walking is a different story sad  imso glad u got ur award for esa xx

• Posted

I have a Disability sign I hang on the car mirror, when I need to park...I have had it about 20 odd yrs ago...I got it when I was telling my dr that it takes me sooo long to get out of the car and that a car was reverse parking along side of me and took off my open door...very blessed I was still inside..,anyway that was enough for my dr. to fill out a form and send it in to the relevant authorities..they posted me the sign...I also get a new one every 3 yrs all they want to know is..do I still need it...no doctor visits etc...couldn't believe in the ease of it all....I didn't even know about it up until then..the disabled parking spots are so wide and you can park 3 times as long as others if you are in an ordinary spot..like everything...there is not enough disabled parking in any of the states,,we are in Australia..be blessed Lisa, have a lovely weekend..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Hi Lisa, 

congratulations 😀 It just shows that despite how frustrating the system can be its so worth fighting. I'm really pleased that you now have recognition for what you have been going through. 

Well done and take care 

from another Lisa 😊xx

• Posted

I had too fight long and hard to get where I am todate, but wouldn't have had it any other way, when I went to my medical there was half a room full of people trying to milk the system, and most forgot to limp, the amount of foreigners just coming into the Country and going straight on DLA, thats why it's harder for people who are ill to get the proper benefit and you know yourself that when you are ill and you are fighting the benefit agencies it's the last thing you need. It is a great weight off your mind when you do win.
    • Posted

Yes to that Trev; that's why I can't even be bothered trying any more...it's Just such a Long, time-consuming effort, and then there's always the follow up phone calls etc, which for me even, is an issue, trying to talk...justify...and then need the GP to fill out his forms etc.......maybe I'm too proud, who knows????  but yes, it does upset me, too, when as you say "others get off the plane, and fill in the forms", and Bingo...they're on/in the System.........
  • Posted

Hi Lisa 10242 sooo pleased for you this is a testimony to everyone else struggling to be heard...fight on and justice will be yours...I remember when years ago my poor mum had leukaemia and OA she had to fight the benefits system many times to get the help she needed from DLA  when she finally won her case it made such a difference to her health and state of mind... So happy for you enjoy you deserve it 😊
  • Posted

Oh Lisa, congratulations hun. I am so pleased for you. That's a fantastic result, there is hope for us after all

Congrats xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.