went in hospital they found a shadow on the right hand side near my collar bone worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

Around three years ago, I fell and while on holiday had pain in my right collar bone, put off going hospital but five six weeks later went gave me chest X-ray and told me couldn't see any break or fracture Evey thing fine..... Although to look at me you could see collar bone was more raised than the other.

I have smoked since I was 30 stupid I know I am now 38.....anyway other morning went to the hospital as had pains in my chest, had chest X-ray told my chest X-ray was fine and my bloods were too.

However today got phone call recalling me back to hospital asap for another chest X-ray told couldn't see my doctor till Monday to get results so went to hospital to see could I have chest X-ray done last night. Told me no as doctor would refer me...

Doctor told me last night found a black shadow around 2/3 inch on X-ray sounds like where lump is in collar bone.... I haven't slept all night worrieing. I haven't had a cigarette in two days and won't again. I smoked around 7/8 cigerettess a day.

I have a slight wheeze, get out of breath easily but I am 5/4 in height and 15 stone that doesn't help. I want to know do u think it could be lung cancer or serious told the shadow could be in the lung or the outer bit. Told wanted chest X-ray to compare then CT scan could it be old tissue from the old fall. In three years don't you think I would have lost weight, had more symptoms if I had cancer... Please help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You'rre not going to get the answers you need on here, although I'm sure we all support you ......

We can't tell if it's lung cancer, only your dr can tell you that.  A "shadow" doesn't necessarily mean cancer so please stop worrying about it until you can talk to your doctor.  

Anyway, it sounds like at least one good thing has come out of it if you've stopped smoking, eh?

• Posted

Thank you I'm worried it could be cancer but I'm thinking it could be tissue from the fall I had they said it was dense tissue no idea what, said its 2/3 inches. I've git X-ray then cat scan. Don't u think if I had cancer I'd have other side effects weight loss etc
  • Posted

Hi claaire58746,

I know it's scary but too early to panic my dear. I have severe COPD too...diagnosed on September 3rd 2014. I was rushed to the ER...couldn't breath. I quit smoking that day after smoking 35 yrs. They also saw 4 small nodules.on my chest xray...2 on each side. But they were 2 small to biopsy and when I was released days later they said to wait 3 months and have another xray to check them and hopefully biopsy them. They did tell me these are usually cancerous. I've been so scared for the past 3 months...lots of prayer. I went early January and had a CT scan with contrast. He results came back as nothing remarkable!!!! So you see sweetie it may be no big deal at all. We don't know God's plan so just stay in prayer and talk to us and others so you can keep learning. God bless....ladyjack51

• Posted

Thank you, I just thought as I've only smoked 8 years, and Ive had this lump for over a year and haven't lost weight that it may not be cancer. What could a shadow be, could it be nothing or cops I just want advice
    • Posted

Well, it could be a small lump of tissue that is benign or not cancerous. Could be scar tissue from previous pull or tear. Just have to see but I wouldn't trip too much. Do the tests first. Ladyjack51
  • Posted

I had a chest x-ray done several years ago they sent a registered letter for me to see my family doctor he said there was a spot on my lung and not to worry its nothing so dont panic until the doctor can give you a real diagnosis about the spot it could be anything and stop smoking that does not help your health I never smoked not one day in my life and still had a spot on my lung but it turned out to be nothing atleast that is what I keep getting told oh you never smoked so dont worry about it...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.