wet ones - some success but don't tear

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been using wet ones for about a month now and find they successfully keep the worst of my bleph at bay, the flare ups are now niether as severe or frequent but a word of advice, i tried tearing them up into smaller sections to make them go further, on the advice of someone on the forum, but have since finds this dries them out and they don't work as well, just wanted to share the information.  i shall go on using for a further three months as recommended and probably long after that should eyes become dry, weepy, or inflamed.  Wet ones are te best thing to happen to my bleph in 18 months of having it.  Regards, Fiona

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

A question...how does wet ones help? Does it have a special ingredient? I am still trying to figure out what works best for me. Thanks!
    • Posted

Hi,  I dont actually know, all I know is they help enormously,  I still have the condition but its impact is radically reduced, best wishes, Fiona
  • Posted

Yes it does have a special ingredient.... Benzathonium Chloride.

This ingredient can be found in other types of wipes also .... such as Valeda Facial Wipes, if you are sensitive to Wet Ones.

It's not a cure but it certainly controls all the symtoms.

• Posted

Hi , if you buy them in a tub , you just pull out the short length that you need , trim with scissors the small amount you need , then re-seal the top . No wastage , no drying out .

The "Benz'" is an industrial cleaner commonly used to clean bottles etc . Used in very small quanties it keeps liquids from "going off " . Even in optrex in minute quantities .

• Posted

Ah, mine don't come in that type of container, instead a flat pack and they do dry out if i cut pieces off.
  • Posted

Just make sure you seal it afterwards.
    • Posted

yes but cropping them caused the chemical effectiveness to no longer work
    • Posted

Can't see that as they are still sopping wet ,  unlike taking one out of a packet exposing it to the atmosphere and putting the remainder away .
    • Posted

well i can only speak from my own experiences but cutting them up dried them out.  i have the strips to prove it.  in future i shall continue to use the entire sheet, wheres the problem?
    • Posted

At just 5p a wipe its worth the peace of mind,i find
    • Posted

I was just pointing out the difference between wipes in a tub where you would normaly pull out a whole wipe and tear it off at the perforation mark ( but in this case only pull out say only an inch or less keeping the remainder within the tub ) and unwrapping a whole wipe from a packet snipping it into pieces and letting the remainder dry out a bit whilst being kept for later use . the scissors themselves aren't likely to cancel the effectness of the chemicals .Do you see where I'm coming from ?
    • Posted

Could I just point out that the type of wet wipes I prefer to use come in a flat pack, thin plastic and I prefer to use a whole sheet to wipe lids, it's personal preference and I DO find they dry out on scissorung so will conticontinue to use a whole wipe if it's all the same to you, ok?
    • Posted

I'm sorry but i somehow have to stop all this fuss, the fact is the jars you mention with the red top are only available in the UK at a high cost on Amazon and i HAVE checked this, now i would prefer therefore to use the blue flat packs and a whole wipe for both my eyes, its as simple as that
    • Posted

I cut mine foolishly into strips and now find as a result i have an attack of blpharitis so i am right here and posted in case anyone using the flat packs rather than the sealed tops, as I prefer to, made the same mistake, on cutting up mine became as dry as a bone and ieffective, that was all i was trying to say, so ts a whole wipe for me in future to avoid ths happening
    • Posted

Whoh ! steady on ! We all do as we find fit , not critising you ! This site is all about us exchanging our experiences and passing on any knowledge that we may have come across .

what i was trying to point out is that once the wipe or tissue is exposed to the atmosphere some of the chemicals will start to evaporate .Being cost concious the tub looked very good value and had the benefit of keeping the wipes wet and free from the atmosphere . In the uk i couldn't get the "packed ones " .

In fact i wasted money as the wipes made my condition worse when i went back to them after a period of some weeks .

Today i look to improve my overall health and immune system , don't use any chemicals which in my case may have been too strong and interupted the natural balance of " good and bad bacteria " .

What works for one person may not work for another , and the same procedure doesn't always work all the time even if it had done well in the past . Thats life , or" that's Bleph for you" .

I repeat that I was NOT critising you in any way .

• Posted

Gosh, I wasn't saying you were criticising, me at all! However I found the red top wet wipes were a lot dearer than the blue flat packs, the flat pa is are £2, from Tescoes or Boots while the red top tubs I found were only available from Amazon and were about £7/8 pound with shipping, so obviously I went for the blue packs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.