wet ones - some success but don't tear

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been using wet ones for about a month now and find they successfully keep the worst of my bleph at bay, the flare ups are now niether as severe or frequent but a word of advice, i tried tearing them up into smaller sections to make them go further, on the advice of someone on the forum, but have since finds this dries them out and they don't work as well, just wanted to share the information.  i shall go on using for a further three months as recommended and probably long after that should eyes become dry, weepy, or inflamed.  Wet ones are te best thing to happen to my bleph in 18 months of having it.  Regards, Fiona

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

fiona, put them in an airtight container, then pour in a little distilled water. keeps it steril, and moist Also i use a half q-tip an wrap the little piece around it . Makes it eaiser to apply, and it doesn't touch white part of your of your eye as much.
    • Posted

Dena, don't take offence but I am so clumsy I would inevitably poke my eye out if I tried to use a cotton bud and for one I don't have any air tight containers and I don't fancy altering the structure of them by adding water, truly, I am happy with things as they are, ok?
  • Posted

Fiona, did you really want help with this matter or did you just want to vent?
    • Posted

Now look dear, all I said was I was happy as I was, what exactly is wrong with that?!
    • Posted

Hi fiona

I use a the blue wet ones (uk) from Asda £1 a packet and I use a full sheet for my eyes I cut them into strips and then into littler strips for my eyes, the packs I use as I said are the light blue sensitive ones and as they said what works for one does not mean it will work for another it is each to their own and what works for that person whether you cut them or not they are trying to help and that is what this forum is for, to help people find something that works for them . If you have any doubts look up the posts from Lynda79. rolleyes I do hope that you will read the posts and accept the help and advice that is given on here for what it is pure and simple help and advice no criticism is intended I am sure

• Posted

I realise this and wasn't tryin to contradict anyone in any sense, merely point out that for me the wipes do dry out if cut into strips, and I felt this was worth "getting out there" in case anyone else should find this, like me, to be the case.
    • Posted

Oh by the way, it is the packs of 40 which are £2.00 from Tesco or Boots, not the 12 packs which I have just seen are £1 from Asda, I find the packs of 40 more economical

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.