Wet/Tinging Feeling

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi,

For the last 5 years my penis feels chronically uncomfortable.

It always feels wet/moist but it actually isn't, my scrotum also tingles everyday. The only time I do not feel this horrible sensation is when I'm at home in PJ's or in bed, when I'm out and about I have the feeling. The wetness feeling if worse when staying still, when I'm excersising in anyway I do not feel it as much.

Have any of you had this feeling before, and how did you resolve it? This sensation is controlling my life.

Thanks

Jack

2 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hi, so I find this interesting because I've been experiencing something VERY similar. I've been having a lot of scrotum tingling and a wet moist feeling on my penis head as well. I'm 27 and it all started when I started freaking out about STDs in Feb, I had also just quit smoking weed. It's actually come and gone and the tingling pops in and out. I was having a sensation of leaking and crawling in my penis that is mostly gone but I do feel some irritation. I can't do anything medically because literally all tests I've done are negative at this point. My docs and urologist are not concerned because nothing pathologic or involving my prostate is going on, and I have no real pain or physical discomfort. I mean these things are very uncomfortable and I'm trying to work on my anxiety to resolve them.

I saw you say you are a very chill person but you say this is controlling your life... now I am personally VERY mentally unwell but I'm trying not to let this control my life. Is there really not some anxiety or underlying issue you might have? Did something happen to trigger this kind of thing? 5 years is a VERY long time for this sort of thing to be happening with no change. If it lingers around its very possible its related to something mental like stress. I don't know, but that's kind of what I'm thinking at this point for myself. Has it come and gone at all? For me it has. It went away all through April but came back in May when I started freaking out again. I was also on citalopram at the time. I'm going to be looking into the mental side of things because there's nothing I can do physically. I hope you keep us updated though.

• Edited

Hi, I'm not the original poster but I'm having this issue and have been for about 4-5 months now. I also am a very anxious person and I had a scare in January regarding my prostate. I had to wait 2 months for the results and I was convinced i had prostate cancer. Eventually i got my results and i was all clear but i spent 2 months in an extended stressed out state and I'm not sure i ever really bounced back.

Unfortunately i really muddied the water up for myself because about two months after my doctor visit i had a bedroom incident/accident where my private parts got squashed and ive had these symptoms ever since.

I believe it is actually something real but the anxiety adds to the experience.

I'm so confused and like you it has come and gone, but generally i wake up every day and my symptoms begin.

Certain positions make it worse, for me its sitting a certain way, but generally, a bath or lying flat helps. I've noticed that when I'm engrossed in something (work, a movie etc) that its less annoying and i think that's where the anxiety comes into play.

So to sum up, i do think this is very real and because it is constant you invariably get anxious about it (what's wrong with me, will it ever stop, will today be a good day ?)

We should all pool together and try to figure this out. Could this be a side effect of Covid maybe. I don't know if i ever got it, but i was very sick last year around march when it was going round. Is it a nerve thing due to my injury, is it psychological, prostate related, .. etc

I really think we need to make some kind of database of symptoms, when it started, things that help and look at the data , lol

• Posted

I don't think it is a psychological thing. I think we all stress these days but we all don't have a wet feeling and tingling in our balls. I'm convinced it's some sort of nerve issue but as previously mentioned my MRI's were fine and didn't spot anything. But perhaps mental health & being on edge/anxious etc can exacerbate the feeling. But for me it's just there day in day out. The only reason I'm stressed now is because of this crap, but when it started to happen I was only in year 10 at school (15 year old) and didn't have a care in the world to be honest, so in my case I can comfortably say that stress didn't cause it and I have a feeling some sort of nerve down there is getting pinched/irritated by something like that.

• Posted

Try and get an MRI to see if any nerves are getting irritated. But here's a question for you: when your scrotum tingles, do you see any movement down there? Like do you see your scrotum physically retracting or moving? That's what I see personally. I see my scrotum and testes moving physically, retracting. This makes me think its a stress thing. The wet penis head feeling as well. Watch what happens when this stuff happens to you. I doubt its nerves as "compressed nerves" and nerve damage and whatnot are super rare and only really happen in the case of severe trauma and injury. It could be a mindbody thing like TMS, where your repressed emotions are causing physical sensations. Think about what might have been going on mentally in your life.... you were a teenager, were you having sexual anxiety or fear? Anything going on around that time that you haven't resolved?

Anyway I say check out ucpps.men and start a dialogue with webslave, he could have an idea for you. Maybe you have a gluten intolerance and it's been irritating your nerves, I say try that since it started when you were so young. Even if you aren't celiac, some people have gluten sensitivity that acts as nerve poison and it affects the nerves in the pelvis. Try it out and keep us posted.

• Posted

Hi Jacko and Nosned

I've been reading this thread as since this Saturday i have been having the same issues as you described regarding the wet feeling at the end of my penis. Its quite worrying and I'm booked to speak with my GP tomorrow to see if they have a clue what it is. with me I also have the sensation of needing to pee constantly, but i dont actually need to go. this isnt a long term problem as only came about on saturday. id otherwise describe myself as a healthy 30 year old. Have your B12 treatments worked at all?

Thanks!

• Posted

Hi

I've not been taking vit b12. only VitD3 which was showing as low on my bloodwork.

But the feeling is still there

Also, I had the pregabalin I was mentioning and it did not help.

Jack

• Posted

Hi will,

Just saw this sorry for not responding quicker. I'm still dealing with my issue. I'm on another post with a guy who has a very similar situation to me and he swears that D-Mannose cured him. But he had it for 6 months before doing that.

I'm all over the place with it, but right now I'm taking B-Complex and multivitamin everyday, I've given up coffee and alcohol and I'm going to try this D-Mannose stuff for a couple weeks and see where it gets me. I've noticed that some days its not there at all until i go poo then it starts. I'm also feeling pressure downstairs, like maybe my bladder/anus or groin area. Not sure but there definitely seems to be some connection to either my anus or bladder and pressure. Poos have become quite uncomfortable and difficult and like i say, if i don't go to the bathroom then i tend to be symptom free until i do.

Not sure if any of that helps you but try to pay attention to when and how your symptoms start. What did you drink or eat, did you poo yet, does it go away when laying down etc. try to pay attention to the signs because i think that's the key to figuring it out.

Very confusing situation, but i keep seeing more and more people with this and im starting to wonder if this is some weird side effect of covid (obviously not for OP because he's sadly been dealing with this for years)

Anyway, i don't want to go down any weird roads just yet. My personal experience seemed to come after i had an injury to my penis and here I am 6 months later with the same issue.

Please let me know how your doctor visit went, what they said, and if you have any success, its horrible and I'm just hoping one day we can crack this thing.

Take care.

• Edited

I have had a very similar issue. It has only been with me for about a week as of now, but have you found any possible treatments or what the issue actually is?

• Edited

Hi Jake

No I haven't had anything successful yet, not exactly sure what it is or what caused it in the first place. I've been on quite a few different meds/supplements with no success. Also had a pudendal nerve block 3+ years ago which didn't effect it.

Working out (Specifically legs) then hopping into a cold bath, then hot shower straight after helps me quite a lot, but this sensation is just a small segment of my symptoms. Working out is the only deciding factor in my symptoms, doing leg workouts eases it all, and especially if I had a nice cold bath afterward.

Go see a doctor and see what they say. For me I just got referred to a urologist who couldn't care less, then got referred for a back/pelvic MRI which came back fine - From there just got referred to pain management who had nothing to offer other than a pudendal nerve block and meds and that was it for me. It's a really strange sensation, and it must be rare - I couldn't find a lot online for this sort of feeling... if I had to guess - I'd say it's nerve issues in my case - Some sort of condition that affects my nerves.. as it started off there, but spread all over - as doomy as that sounds.

I haven't been officially diagnosed with anything, and that may be down the fact that I haven't dug into it enough with medical professionals. I have kind of given up with doctors and I'm doing my own thing (Working out, cold baths, hot showers, standing desk etc)

Hope it goes away for you bro, for me it came and never went, and has been here everyday with me since the first day I had it - SO WEIRD AND ANNOYING!

If you have any further questions, just ask me.

Cheers

• Posted

Hi. weird question but did you have a feeling of urgency to urinate with any of this?

• Posted

Hi, it's not a weird question, it's quite a common issue. it's not something I've had but many others have.

• Posted

My problem really started to affect me around 9 months ago.

Since, I've had this constant feeling of wet penis (sometimes feeling like it's dripping all over my pants), it's like there is pee stuck in the urethra. Recently I've had ED and premature ejaculation because of the sensation. It's affecting my mental health strongly.

I've seen so much urologist and not a single one seemed to care and they all made me buy something called "Toviaz", did nothing.

Here is some things that might have caused this for me :

Frequent masturbation at the time it started, edging(holding) and sometimes I've blocked the flow by tightening my legs (was an habitude)

When I was young I had a similar problem and even tried unblocking it with a toothpick (might have worsened it)

Recently I'm at a low level of serotonine because of MDMA. But I had this problem some times before taking so I'm not sure about this one.

My penis is not straight, it goes up and it's rotated.

I've read some things about stress and I can tell you it's not the cause it only cause more pain.

I've read about D-Mannose so i've tried it but after 2 weeks I feel no improvments.

Recently I've found something interesting : Urethral Stricture . This could cause more frequent infections and irritations, that's probably why it come back and forth?

I will try to call every urologist of my town to get this checked.

Has anyone ever resolved this problem ????

• Posted

interesting thread! had these symptoms over the last few months.

wet feeling is a new one in the last few days but pain in legs/anus and pins and needles through that area. also lower back pain and groin pain.

GP been really unhelpful in diagnosis and prescribed naproxen on 3 occasions. bloods and urine tests all fine too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.