what am I meant to be eating?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, i started orlistat on tuesday, I have been eating a low calorie diet 1460c a day. Is that what I am meant to be doing? I have had the 'side effects' although following low calorie diet. Any help would be appreciated.... many thanks

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, i have been given these again by my nurse i have been struggling with my weight for a few years now and having every diet i gave in to these. i have been on these before and lost 3 stone so i am just trying to do what i did before. i usually have a boiled egg for breakfast or a yogurt with fruit (i am not a breakfast fan) but if i dont eat it i end up snacking on all the wrong things, i have salad for lunch with a variety of things, Salmon, Tuna, ham etc and then tea i always cook from scratch i try to avoid bread and potoaes during the week and have these on a weekend as a treat. I do like the slimming world recipes but you have to be careful with the fat content espically with cheese (side effects are not good with cheese). I drink loads of water i find if you dont it makes you bloated and sometimes consitpated. I staretd on the tablets on 26th April and i have to go back to be weighed on the 20th May so hopefully i will of lost. a good point is to measure your self too not just weigh your self, HIps, Bust, arms, legs wasit etc.
    • Posted

good luck on these tablets, thanksto britney i havent had any more side effects...

starting weight was 14.1 and today i am 13.6.

i have been on them since 29th april 

• Posted

@ orlistatnew : ) how are you getting on?

@hannah glad you liked them i have two at a time how are you getting on?

• Posted

Hi Britney, I was surprised at how nice the sausages tasted. I am having a disaster at the moment with the diet. I have put on 5 lbs and I have been doing everything right. I went on meds called Lithium  a few weeks ago and it puts weight on. I am not happy on this med as I have some side effects from it, so I am coming off it!!!!. Hopefully I will start to loose weight again once it is out of my system.

Hannah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.