What animals do you have to help with depression ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm curious about the benefits of having a loving pet to reduce stress and for piece of mind.biggrin

I know some may be allergic to pets for one reason or another, but I would like to hear how members feel about how their pets help them on a daily basis.confused

Animal Lovers....show me your pets... Just a Hug from them brings peace, love , laughter and lifts my spirits every day.lol

Some may have horses,dogs, cats,birds, they all bring laughter & joy every day! 

Its easy to enlarge the pics.  Can't wait to see yours!!!! 

Each one of my animals cheesygrinhas a story how they have saved me from falling or just be my legs for a day. All my beautiful furry, feathered angels are here to help us grow and live with what ever our illness. They are always by my side & always add a giggle for the day! 

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Cats!! I love cats!!
    • Posted

Hi, I have two cats, Napoleon and Peanut. Two rescues.

There are a total joy and I would be so sad without them.  Animlas are a huge source of a happiness and love!

#adoptdontshop  #savethemall     Save an animal!!

• Posted

Yeap found them in neighbors barn. They are great mousers. We keep a lot of grain hay in the barn attract mice bu the gazillions.
    • Posted

great  to have our little furry Angels. They change so many lives. So happy they bring so much happiness and make us laugh at their antics.

Hope xxxx

• Posted

I had this one cat, many years back. I got her at the kill shelter and she was on the list for that day to be euthenized. Long story short, i brought her home and she was THE best ratter I ever had.  

The first day I saw her get a rat, I was heading out for work, I was warming up the car, I saw something in the corner of my eye, looked over and it was Babygirl with a rat the size of Gangus Con. I got out and was going to make her release it, but she made this very sweet happy gurgeling sound, like "look what I brought home for you!", she was so pleased with her catch so I patted her head and gave her praise.

Next thing  know, she was bringing ever little critter she could catch and leaving it on my steps.  I found it hard to stomach, so I bought a collar with a bell. That was gone in a few hours. I bought another with three bells, that was gone in no time. I tried making her stay in because I was worried abotu the bird population.  But she would not settle down.  She HAD to go out and be a cat.  I've not wanted a cat since.  They are awesome creatures, I love them, but between the little box (she'd not go out side) and all the dead critters on my steps, I decided, no more cats. Besides they make me itch too much.  But she was a great cat, personality plus. All my clients and neighbors loved her.  

• Posted

I've got 4 springer spaniels. They're effectively my babies.

• Posted

Ahh I love sprinters they are so playful. Great buddies.i get shirts look just like my muts. see below ex. Shirt! Hehe!

Hope xxxx

• Posted

I don't have any pets to help with depression.  I do have a cat,  but that's because I love cats.  x

• Posted

Here my other kitty. Her name is Trouble. When she was a kitten she whorls clime high in the trees and howl for help to get down. My son was always rescuing her. She a must a feral cat. Follows me like a dog.

Im so gald your kitty bring you comfort and joy.

Hope xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.