what antibiotic treats bleph?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been using erythromycin ointment for a long time. If it were right for bleph I think I would have relief. Not so.

I do 2 compresses a day followed by cleaning with the solution of baby shampoo and tto. Then I apply erythromycin both on the eyeball and the lash line. I've been taking doxycyclin for about a week then I dropped it because of discomfort in the colon.I use TranquilEyes goggles every single night that reduces dryness. And I  useGenTeel gel also for dryness. Systaine tear drops.

Yet the relief is minimal. TTOil is antibacterial.ANTI what bacterea?

Now we need to find TOPICAL ointment or pills that will exterminate Stafilococes or other bandits . ANYBODY KNOWS THE NAMES OF OTHER BACTEREA THAT BOTHER US? ANY SUGGESTIONS?

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Strangely enough I find that simply sluicing my face and (closed) eyes with Carex antibiological soap has helped ease my blepharitis
  • Posted

Dear Rita,

I used antibiotics 3 times in the eye. My problem was on the lashes and constant itiching. I used the antibacterial handwipes, Wet Ones, on the lash area to kill it.

Online, an eye site mentioned putting the antibiotic on the eyelash area and called it, Off Label Use.

I had asked the Dr why put it in the eye when the problem was on the lashes. He said that some go on the lashes. 

What I learned from this was to put the antibiotic on the problem area. Especially if a gland problem. I would be rubbing that antibiotic into the gland opening and not in the whole eye.

I used the wipes from the US. Tea Tree Oil kills staph too. It needs to be diluted.

Hope this hleps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Lynda et al,

How many compresses do you do a day?

• Posted

Dear Rita,

I don't do anything anymore as killed the blepharitis. I tried the baby shampoo, antibiotics 3 times and then did the wipes. I could not find the antibacterial face cream made with Benzethonium Chorlide that killed my daughter's mother-in-laws Blepharitis in a few days.

I searched online to find what other products had Benzethonium Chloride in them and I had the wipes in my purse. 

Desperation caused me to try them as the itching was driving me crazy.

It took over 3 months but the last 2 months were just 2 times a day so not bad at all. 

Some used the wipes for only 2 times a day and had results too. Probably, working a job. One girl told me her eyeashes grew back in.

This does work for some.

Hope this helps, 

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.