What are these skin tag looking things around my vaginal opening ?

Posted , 43 users are following.

i never really looked at my vagina until recently and noticed these flesh colored skin tag looking things my husband thinks they are normal and he obviously sees the inside of my vagina lips a a lot more than i ever have i don't know how long they have been there i have had 3 children last baby was feb 2018 please help! they do not hurt or anything but i am having horrible anxiety about it and any doctor i have seen had been judgemental asking about anything to do with issues down there i also do not have a gyno right now because i owe money they say from years ago which i cant figure out image

5 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I recently visited my doctor 5/27 because i had discomfort in my private area, itching and sometimes a sense of burning after sex. thought it was a yeast infection, i have never had a yeast infection but i assumed it was that as I was at the same clinic 4/2 for a IUD checkup and std screening. My test came back negative for std's and so did my bf, as the same in 2019. We have manogomous . I went yesterday to the clinic for what i assumed was a yeast infection, and NURSE PRACTITIONER said "Looks like it could b genital warts". And just like that, didnt explain much, seemed so rush to give me medication and left. But i wasnt satified. I have never had an std. or abnormal paps. I have a a doctors appointment next week with my general doctor. And see if it could be something else. Also, my boyfriend has never tested postive for anything, nor does he have bumps or itching or redness...... I am freaking out because i dont want to believe it is genital warts.

• Posted

i have the same thing!! but it seems like everywhere they are feels numb when having sex. like it gets in the way.... even my husband says it doesnt feel the same where they are. finding a doc this week to get checked out. im soooo scared!

• Edited

i have the same and doctors said its completely normal and i need to stop worrying.

• Posted

hey i have this and have been back and forward to the doctors and gyno. they said it was vestibular papilloma someone else mentioned they said it was normal. my abusive ex was very rough with me and they said it can be from friction. i had the coil put in then i kept getting bv and now this. they are in the placement that hurts and swells with sex but the doctors wont do anything they dont recognise it causes pain even though i have cried explaining it they class it as cosmetic. i have even managed to tie a piece if string around one hoping it will cut off the blood supply. i know that sounds insane but i cant cope with it anymore

• Posted

Oh thank you so much. I also have 3 kids and 2 episiotomies. (3rd one just ran out). lol. husband said it was normal but I was like it looks weird, like a ball hanging in there. I did notice it smaller before about a year ago and asked the Dr but now its bigger I'm going to ask her again .

• Posted

I have the same thing/something similar and im really anxious about what it could be. i've never had any kids and i've never even had sex with anyone so i dont know what it could be. im too embarrassed to tell anyone and i've never been to a gyno before. What should i do???

• Posted

im in the same situation! i think i first noticed them after having a yeast infection. idk if that was what caused them ... but its so embarrassing. and they look so gross. im a virgin too. did you see a doctor yet? im wondering if theres any way to remove them

• Posted

you can get them removed, but it likely isnt covered by insurance depending on where you live. its hymenal remenants , can happen if they hymen breaks (which can happen whether you are a virgin or not) such as a tampon, finger, friction, or simply nothing. it doesnt take much! hope this helps ❤️

• Edited

I have the same problem few tags were growing around my vaginal openings one seems to be growing. I am so worried about it. I am just 20. Whether it will affect my sex life. 🤕😭

• Posted

kai, are u still worried about your issue? were you able to get in and see a gyno?

• Edited

Hi, can anyone take a look at this please. I dont know if its part of my vagina or not lol! I had a miscarriage so I'm paranoid about everything and checking my vagina. please excuse the picture 🙈

• Posted

Did you find out what it was? I have something similar

• Posted

marie, cant really identify anything out of the ordinary. did u follow up with ur gyno? and best of luck with bringing another life into this world. stay strong and keep trying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.