What are these weird bumps?! I’m scared!!

Posted , 23 users are following.

A few weeks ago I found these strange looking bumps near the opening of my vagina. They appeared and stayed during/after I had a really bad yeast infection. I also just had a new sexual partner in September 2018, so I am scared it may be from him. I only met him once however so we only hooked up during that time and I have not seen him since. They don’t hurt, nor do they itch or anything. They only slightly itch when I touch them. I have done a lot of research because I am so scared I may have an STD, STI, warts, HPV or something else. I got test for HIV and STIs today, HIV came back negative but I am waiting for my STI results. In my research I found “Vestibular Papillomatosis” and it seems really similar to what I have. For example they feel like and appear in a straight line. Please help me and tell me what they look like to you? What could it be? Is it VP? If it is, did I get this from the guy or the yeast infection? I am so scared and I don’t like this at all it is gross and scary. I provided pictures I am sorry if it is TMI!! Thank you so much for the help... PS, the pics with arrows are from today, the pic without is from 2 days ago so it seems the little weird bump things disappeared on the right (bottom of pic if you look at the pic) side of my vagina..

imageimageimage

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Edited

looks like VP to me. which is completely normal but is often mistaken for warts . you didnt catch it. it just naturally occurs in some women. see a doctor to rule everything else out and for peace of mind. but i honestly dont think its warts. i have something similar and the doctor said it was normal

• Posted

Thank you so much I am a little less stressed out now. I will check with a doctor soon

• Posted

@mei81635 what did the doctor tell you? I have something similar.

• Edited

Hi, I am glad that I came across this post and immediately made an account to reply to you as I am going through the exact same thing! I just had sex with a new partner last week (its been half a year since the last) and now I currently have a yeast infection as my vagina tends to be sensitive to condoms. I went to my walk in clinic to get clotrimaderm cream, however, the doctor noticed lumps on the opening of inside my vagina that she said are "papillae-like." She told me that this could possibly be apart of my anatomy (after googling this I came across "vesitbular papillomatosis" too) but she said that they can possibly be warts only if I notice them "growing."

I am extremely worried if I have gential warts/HPV. I have the gardasil vaccine but this doesn't protect from ALL strains so I got a pap test and waiting for results. My bumps are also only a little itchy when touching them like you. They are the same colour as the flesh.

Yours are also papillae-like such as VP and do not seem to be growing larger in a cauliflower shape, discoloured, or hard.

You also may have not got it from this guy specifically as HPV can be picked up without knowing it from any previous partner and show up months later. Bumps can also happen from the irritation that the acidic discharge from yeast infections.

However google is telling me that warts can also be flesh-coloured and soft so that is why I feel that the best thing to do is to see a gynecologist and have a biopsy of its tissue so we can really know what it is! I am currently waiting for my referral to go through.

Thank you for sharing your photos, they are not TMI, it is very helpful for others. What did your doctor say??

plz tell me what you think as I am in the same boat as you 😃

• Posted

Thanks for your reply!! I find it strange how I developed mine soon after I had sex with this new guy because we did not use a condom, however I do know his sexual history. That is why I was so worried that it could be something worse.

I can't remember how soon after I got with that guy that I got the yeast infection but I do hope these bumps may be from the yeast infection. I didn't treat the yeast infection at all nor did I see a doctor because I wasn't sure what was going on with my body.

I was too scared and unsure about going to see a gynecologist, I am only 20 by the way, so I made an appointment at planned parenthood to first get tested for STIs. I am still waiting on those results. I was also getting mixed answers from google, it's honestly made me very stressed out and extremely worried because I have never had any sexual diseases or infections.

I think it could very well be VP for both of us... As for me, I don't have any other symptoms but the bumps.. I do know that I could still have something but may just not be experiencing any symptoms. I just find it really strange how right after having sex with this new guy these "normal" bumps appeared!! I'm really hoping it is VP, and that we both are healthy and fine 

• Posted

Also I haven't noticed mine growing at all, I believe they are disappearing little by little, actually. And I just checked, I do have 2 HPV vaccines!

• Posted

I see. I am also 21 and I admit that I do feel paranoid that I could have got it from this new partner too (2-time hookup) even if I had a condom each time there is always a risk for exposure. And my bumps also happened a week after, so I am also on the fence wondering if it was from this guy as I don't know his history. I can see how you are worried + skeptical with all the mixed messages on google and the odd timing that it happened right after sex.

Yes, I am hoping it is VP as well. I am exhausted with this constant researching and inspecting my vagina. Hopefully all these tests come back and we can finally know.

• Posted

thats good! Apparently it protects against 4 common strains. HPV 16 and HPV 18 (those are the cancer causing). I feel that it is comforting that it protects us against the other two: HPV 6 and HPV 11 which are the strains that cause 90% of gential warts.

Apparently there are many other strains of HPV (there are like 100 ) that Gardasil doesn't protect us from and we could possibly get. But the fact that we are protected from the most common strains (90%) is comforting.

• Posted

hi! i know this is an old post but k am going through the same thing right now... can i ask what it turned out to be?

• Edited

hi! i know this is an old post but i am currently going through the same thing!... can i ask how things turned out for you?

• Posted

hey! i never got it checked out actually, it went away on its own. i checked recently and it still hasn't came back so it shouldn't be something too serious!

• Posted

warts rarely if ever go away on their own so if they are decreasing in size they probably arent warts.

• Posted

girl I'm on the exact same boat, seeing my doctor next week and hope I can get those bumps away!!

• Posted

Hiya! I have exactly the same, I'm pretty sure you have VP - nothing to worry about! See your Dr if it's playing on your mind tho! They can examine properly and put your mind at rest. 😃

• Posted

btw, VP is NOT contagious, you wouldn't have caught it from anyone and you can't pass it on. It's very common, just like having little skin tags on the vagina. They cause no harm. 😃

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying knowing this puts me at ease thank you! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.