Posted , 5 users are following.
I'm learning in this forum that one girl's treat is another's poison. There's no one right diet. Here's what I eat:
I make my own yogurt with excellent organic small-local-dairy whole milk and started from a local cheesemaking supplies place. I preserve my garden's fruit and use it in the yogurt. We have organic oatmeal most days for breakfast, with our neighbours' maple syrup and fruit and yogurt. Lunch is usually great seedy bread and nut butter. Suppers are vegetable-intensive with small servings of meat. Even when we have burgers or sausages on a white bun (which is about the worst thing we ever eat) it's local organic artisan pork and local grass-fed beef. If I snack at night it's organic cereal and almond milk.
We've cut out all the bad stuff in the last six months. I was very lucky that my husband's nurse practitioner told him to lose twenty or thirty pounds. Instantly I was able to stop buying him chips and chocolate, pies and butter tarts. And I only bake occasionally, an oatmeal fruit crisp.
Recently I've learned that a big piece of chocolate cake or a large ice cream cone or two butter tarts are all too much even for an occasional treat. I get a blowtorch butt immeditaely. It's been extra good in the month or so since I quit that.
I drink two cups of organic coffee brewed through paper and two five-ounce glasses of make-your-own red wine (less preservative in it that off-the shelf)
0 likes, 17 replies