What are you using for vaginal dryness?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have vaginal dryness now and my doctor gave me a tube of Estrace to try for a month. He said do not use the applicator. I am suppose to use a tiny dab on my finger and apply not too deep. I am a little hesitant to use is since it is estrogen. I would prefer the non-hormonal route.

I see advertised vaginal moisturizers, lubricants, vitamin E suppositories, coconut oil etc., but they either contain too many chemicals or have caused problems in women, like yeast infections or result  in a goopy mess.

Anyone have any success with any of these?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi WTK.

I am using Ovestin (estriol cream). Estriol is one of the 3 types of oestrogen and, on the contrary of estradiol, it's reputed for its  anti-proliferative (anti-cancer) properties.  

• Posted

PS - If used in the vulvar area it also helps.
  • Posted

Hi there,

Try " Replens" it's a water based natural lubricant designed for menopausal women. Worked for me ! Xx💕

• Posted

Hi mel,

Regarding Replens, I have read some comments where women said white clumps come out after you use it. Did this happen to you?

• Posted

Yes that happened  to me, with Replens, didnt rate it,  it was horrid .. Put me off 

premeno duo ovules dont do that, they are silky smooth and opague and very soothing ..

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jaynee my dr has just given me oestriol to use a small amount on my urethra after months of bladder and urethra pain. I'm scared to use it .

• Posted

Jo

Dont be scared estriol is the weakest and kinder estrogen.

I was abit like that but jeeez i couldnt stand it any longer ' sitting on a hedgehog feeling'

Some use it on face for wrinkles too 😳

Its been brill for me - i use both estriol ovules vaginally, estriol cream for outer bits and in between premeno duo ovules ( non hormonal)

Urethra also shrinks and drys so at least try it ..

I cant take normal oral HRT.

But this just eases and even reverses the dryness. ( doesnt enter blood stream or go via liver like oral tablets)

I wouldnt be without now

Which estriol have you got

Jay x

• Posted

Actually no...see that's happened to others but not me. It's quite reasonably priced over the counter Hun....

Why not just give it a try.. Xx💕

• Posted

Hi Jaynee

Hi estriol cream 0.01%. Dr suggested a tiny dab on urethra . She's pushing for me to go on HRT as I've been peri since age 40 and prob earlier . I'm very reluctant and would like to try less invasive route but the bladder and urethra stuff is a nightmare . I will try it , I've heard other people say it makes them sore ... I couldn't stand it getting any worse !!! Thanks for support .

• Posted

Hi Jo

me too began peri ( noticable beginning) age 39/40 

lasted 10 years .. ( no oral HRT ) 

i am 20 months post meno now ( age 51 in June) 

Estriol ovestin Ovules for me and ovestin cream for outer bits along with premeno duo ovules ( non hormonal ) in between has been amazing ... No soreness ..

i couldnt stand the discomfort before ' like sitting on a hedgehog' it was affecting my life in every way .

good luck hun

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jaynee

I tried a small dab of oestril on urethra. It feels uncomfortable and very achey . It maybe I am so sensitive down there but a little anxious about it . I'm hoping it helps but don't want to feel worse than I do . What was your experience when first started using ? Thanks

• Posted

Hi Joanne 

well my first time i used ovestin estriol vaginal cream ..

it has a pre measure on the applicator and you fill it with the tube to the marker .. Only a tiny bit .. ( i only used half measure ) 

from what i remember ( it was last sept ) the first one felt a tiny tiny bit stingy but wore offf after an hour ..

i always use at bedtime as it works while you sleep and are still..

then i changed to ovestinon Estriol Ovules as they were smooth silky, and colourless, not messy like the cream ..

but... I use the cream on outer bits as gyno said to, as it plumps and rehydrates thinning skin especially around vaginal entrance ..

i only use one ovule a week ( i split it in two ) and use twice weekly.

and once weekly with the cream on outer bits .

also in between i use ( non hormonal ) Premeno duo Ovules, they also smooth and silky and coulourless ..

made so much difference to me, so much better .

i have a very mild uterus prolapse, that caused discomfort, stabbing pains, dryness etc .. All that has gone now .. No discomfort at all.

jay x

• Posted

I can't find anyone in the USA that sells the premeno duo ovules. Such a shame. The Canadian site does not ship outside Canada and the StressNoMore shipping is over $30 US dollars for delivery. I guess I'll try vitamin E suppositories for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.