What Bacterial Vaginosis symptoms did you have??

Posted , 56 users are following.

Just wondering what symptoms have others experienced while having BV?  My symptoms are smelly vaginal discharge which normally smells fishy.  Recently and I have noticed in the past some achy abdominal pains and also swollen lymph nodes in my groin area. Does anyone have any similar symptoms caused by BV.  I have had the infection for since September.  

2 likes, 92 replies

92 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Secrets, how much tea tree oil?
    • Posted

I used around 8 drops when I was making a full tray - you don't need too much, just gauge it yourself depending on how many suppositories your going to make.

I researched it more last nite - coconut oil contains lauric acid which stops the regeneration of bad bacteria - its also very suitable for restoring Ph levels in the vagina, please do try this ladies - it works - from someone who's tried everything else

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I don't understand why the link was removed as it was a link from medical research on coconut oil and lauric acid, if anyone wants to read the link please contact me - it's very interesting, coconut oil is also used for skin treatments - bacterial or fungal - cradle cap, yeast infections - look it up for yourselves and an added benefit is it's all natural.

I had purchased a bottle of medical peroxide which I'd heard so many women talk about and it arrived today in the post but I'm so glad I don't have to use it now.

I am now day 4 bv free :-)

• Posted

Are you still BV free after 4 months? I made my own coconut oil supositiries with femdopholis powder mixed in and I combined then with tea tree just recently. I'm losing hope but trying to stay strong.
    • Posted

Yhats awesome, did you have the BV while you were pregnant?
    • Posted

I was using the coconut and tea tree suppositories butwhen we were ttc I used just plain coconut oil, by time I had a positive result (few weeks lol) the bv was gone and I havn't had it back and I'm almost 6 months pregnant now
    • Posted

Congratulations! I'm hoping it works. I used tea tree before. I got BV, took oral antibiotics then it came back a month later and I used tea tree suppositories I bought at a bath store & it worked after a few months but then the dr found BV bacteria under the microscope apparent ly and recommended I do the vaginal antibiotic suppositories. Because I can no longer take oral antibiotics because I got oral thrush after taking the flagyl and have been fighting that for 8 months. The antibiotic suppositories made it 5000 times worse!!! Biggest mistake ever. So now I've been struggling for like 4 months. I can't take any type of antibiotic but coconut oil is a staple in my home so I'm using it twice a day now mixed with femdopholis and the tea tree suppositories. You give me hope, I'm an emotional wreck, I'm sure you und e stand. I'm single and its hard to date because I eventually have to tell them. Who wants to date a woman that can't have sex? Not to mention the constant squishing around and loss of self esteem.

Thank you for responding to me. I feel very sad and aalone and your response means a lot.

• Posted

Alicia I know exactly how you feel, it's really disheartening and frustrating 😤

I suffered from it for well over a year and I was at my wits end with it

Are you on any kind of birth control?

I think it has a lot to do with your hormones as well as an imbalance internally.

I didn't think I would conceive because of it - but boy I got more than I bargained for with twins, it seems from I got the positive result it's been non existent and I no longer use the coconut oil either.

Try the coconut oil and maybe try some kind of birth control for a few months (obviously I don't have a period anymore) I think the bleeding every month made the imbalance inside bad - which is why the coconut oil worked during that time of month - tmi I know but it definitely helped me

• Posted

I'm not on birth control but I'm going to see a fun I next week to see what she says. It's found n to be hard considering oral antibiotics are out of the question. I feel like the vaginal suppository Ntibiotics just killed all of the good bacteria I had in there. I wonder if the pregnancy is why it went away? I feel like the coconut oil and from femdopholis might be helping but I don't know, I'm going to keep it up but stop when my period starts because it has its own ph then right as its ending start up the coconut oil suppositories again. I know this happend for a reason and I'm learning from it but I'm on the verge of insanity. I might snap, lol. Nervous breakdown...party of one! I'll ask the fun I about birth control there are things I can and cannot take because of the antifungal I'm on, they are hardcore. I thought it might be because of them but the BV went away before while I was on an antifungal. I blame the vaginal antibiotics for this...and myself for using them.😢
    • Posted

I meant to put gyno not fun. I'm going to see a gynecologist.
    • Posted

Hi, if it went away purely with pregnancy then it would be down to 1) hormone imbalance and /or 2) ph after period - as it always seemed to get worse after my period..

I was using the coconut oil when we were trying to conceive and I was so sure his fluids would send it crazy but I didn't have any bad flare up, so I think the coconut oil definitely helped, let me know what your gyno thinks

• Posted

I will, thank you for your input. I honestly don't know if even doctors know much about it. I should never have taken the vaginal sepositories because I had no symptoms but they found the bacteria under the microscope and told me to use it. I was a fool. So I'm going to go with my intuition this time. So far the coconut oil seems to help, I think. I don't know. Last time I just woke up one morning and it was gone, that's what I'm hoping for, I mean once the vag balances, it's goes away, right? Thank you again, yourw kind to respond. Its nice to talk to someone that understands.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.