What Bacterial Vaginosis symptoms did you have??

Posted , 56 users are following.

Just wondering what symptoms have others experienced while having BV?  My symptoms are smelly vaginal discharge which normally smells fishy.  Recently and I have noticed in the past some achy abdominal pains and also swollen lymph nodes in my groin area. Does anyone have any similar symptoms caused by BV.  I have had the infection for since September.  

2 likes, 92 replies

92 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

has anybody had bloating , adominal pains , dry vagina , weird discharge but not really that fishy smelling 
    • Posted

I was extremely bloated and had burning in my labia and cramps. Its been like a month. I just finished my last dose of oral antibiotics today and it seems to be getting better. I've been fighting it for a month now. So I'm really hopping its over. I also started taking folic acid, vit b supplement,.and a flora booster. I really wish the doctors were more informed in this subject. It has been very scary not knowing whats happening to my body. When I first went to the doctor I had burning, bloating, and frequent urination. Which one doctor told me isn't normal for bv. So I saw someone else who said it is and every woman is different. She said you feel bloated because your uterus is swelling becuase of the bv and you feel like you have to pee because the inflammation from that presses on your bladder. Hope this helps this has been hard for me I was convenced it would never go away. Its only been a day but im hoping its in the past. Good luck

• Posted

Yes! I have terrible cramping w BV. Not sharp cramps but my lower abdomen feels swollen, sore, inflammed, Achey. I cough and my lower abdomen hurts. When I asked the dr if the pain could be connected to the BV they said you don't usually get cramps w it but it has to be from what I'm reading. I am dry, itchy, and last Tuesday I had dark green discharge one time. No bad smell for me just such horrible cramps I need a heating pad. I'm going back to the dr Wednesday to get tested again and find out why this keeps happening. Is your abdominal pain similar??

• Posted

I have been suffering from BV for several years it comes and goes. Im 27 years old. It sucks. Its very embarrassing I have been trying the garlic clove inserted into the vagina and it helps to clear up the smell and everything else that goes with that but then it just comes right back with sex sometimes my period. If haven't heard of the garlic clove you get a bulb of garlic take off a piece unwrap the paper from it for a high dose of this you cut it in half and cut some slits in it and inserted into your vagina at night before you go to bed sometimes it may burn and you will have a taste of garlic in your mouth and smell garlic this is why it's best to do it at night and then you take it out in the morning garlic kills bacteria

• Posted

So pleased to read this! I ve been back and forth to document for years, most of time end up with anti biotics for a uti even though tests are negative

No pain urinating but pelvis sore and stomach ridiculously bloated. Frequent urination driving me mad. I haven't seen anywhere else that these were symptoms of bv. My test for bv was uncertain but I now have tablets for that which I started today. Wish me luck

• Posted

Wondering, I'm 17 and been having these symptoms for about a year now, just got into a relationship and am ashamed to do anything sexual because of these reason and I'm embarrassed to go to the doctors I've recently used bv gel but didn't work can someone help me out please

• Posted

Try soaking a clean tampon in plain Greek yogurt and inserting it for a few days. Change it often...atleast 2-3 times a day. It always takes care of mine. Also, try a good probiotic.

Garlic inserted does work but don't forget to attach a striNguyen for removal and poke holes in it to release the juice. It can burn some if you're already raw from the bv.

Hope that helps! Also, use dial white soap for your lady parts. Fragrance is a no no!

• Posted

I've been dealing with BV for over 25 years on and off, I agree, it is embarrassing. Mine comes from anything and everything that throws off the bacteria down there. It's recently so bad that others are noticing the odor, and no matter how many times I shower, it doesn't help. I always thought my bladder just leaked, didn't think it was a liquid discharge. It will be Greyish in color if I wear white panties or liners. The odor is fishy, but the wetness on parties is pneumonia like.

The longer it goes untreated the more symptoms I get, i.e. Mild pelvic cramps, vaginal pressure, and mild low back achiness. The latter two are also I have a bad back and pain radiates through.

When I take bv meds and yeast cream the cramps go away so I know this to be some cause.

I will try the coconut oil, with tea tree and add folic acid and hoping this will resolve.

How do you get garlic out?

• Posted

Hi, can i just say, im sooo glad i found this thread, an im not alone...ive been suffering for years too, everytime i do a course of antibiotics its comes back after me an my partner have unprotected sex, im 36 an we are trying soo desperately for a baby., im beginning to think the bv is the problem... How have you got on with the coconut oil method.!? Does it realy work. Sounds great... It might save me another trip to the doctors tomorrow.. Il pop to the supermarket instead....
  • Posted

Hey! I've been having mild to intense back aches and white discharge that isn't so nice smelling. I just had a Pap exam and the Dr. knew right away "without a doubt" that it is BV. She said there was discharge and my cervix was red and inflamed sad She prescribed a dose of Flagyl (Metronidazole) . I'm hoping it clears up well. I am definitely interested in trying coconut oil and folic acid.

I've been reading that BV can develope into PID (pelvic inflamitory disease) does anyone have experience with this. What did you do about it?

• Posted

I battled bv for over 2 years. Never. Thought it would get better but I researched and found a few things that have helped me. When it was very bad (bubbling, oozing, terrible smell) none of the meds helped. I got desperate and soaked a tampon(unscented...ALWAYS) in a tiny bit of hydrogen peroxide and distilled water and inserted it is was already raw sleep it wasn't comfortable but with an hour I could feel it working. Once I got it back under control i got plain Greek yogurt and soaked a tampon in it and inserted. I did that every day for about 3 days...changing atleast twice and day. By the 3rd day it was gone. I now do this everytime I have a flare. The garlic works as well but can burn a bit if it's bad. Be sure to attach a string to it to remove and pike small holes in it so it releases the juice. Hope that helps. Also ..take a good probiotic!

• Posted

Iv got bv but im really scared yo take metronidazole tablets the dr has told me to take 5 tabs in one go is that normal its 400mg ones
    • Posted

Is it just the one dose and then you don’t take any more? I looked up dosages for BV and that is one that doctors prescribe - a 2 gram single day dose. I don’t know which one is more effective (single dose versus 7 day dose), but I think it might be nice to get it over with and not have to stretch it out over a week. That one upset my stomach over time, and I think it would have been easier taking the 2g at once. Good luck! And don’t be scared! The metronidazole will most likely knock it out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.