What can help Muscle Tension from anxiety? (THROAT &Chest pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been having constantly tensed shoulders that shrug up constantly and I constantly catch myself with it. I also notice it with my legs and face.. now I'm getting weird chest and throats tension aswell in my neck. And it's really starting to bother me.. I know it's anxiety as I've been to many doctors and have many tests done.. but I just don't want to get on a muscle relaxer to temporarily stop this issue. I was wondering has anyone had this issue? What have you done to stop this?

Will SSRIs help with this issue? I also have Burning skin and racing heart from anxiety .. So I might just have to get on something.. but I was looking into acupuncture or Massages or seeing a chiropractor. I haven't been active as much so I feel maybe all that energy is stuck in my muscles. I'm not sure what to do anymore : (

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Meditation! From you tube or app on phone ! There are a lot on YouTube. Plus music to help you relax , rain , Ocean try it!! Plus keep telling yourself your healthy! Everytime you think of any symptom , Say to yourself I'm healthy! Your mind is so strong it will believe what you tell it !! I'm just learning these new routines , Because my anxiety just flared up big time and with the health phobia. I will do anything to try and not be stuck with negative! My new word is Positive. Tell your brain , your health , and do things pleasing. You can be a warrior .. it will not last forever. Adrenaline will start pumping and release stress hormones!! Makes us feel , Like I said , What ever we tell our brains! It will believe you! Epsome salt is good for your bath , Relax in it. I'm practicing all this now because I am tired of this nightmare! I am sure everyone is here. Its tricky.. Good luck to all of us. But really check the meditation out!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.