what can I do

Posted , 8 users are following.

severe depression since two years, cant do anything, cant cook , cant concentrate, cant speak much , cant walk a lot, cant read, just stay in my bed, even if i force me to do something i am exhausted, it is a nightmare, even sitting at the table is too difficult! been on several meds, too many side effects, dont know what to do , doctors dont know either,i eat well, my vitamines are ok ...it is like i am living a severe burn out every day since two years.....someone like me? please, i dont understand.....family doing everything, i cant do anything ...i know i dont ask for a solution , but  am desperate , so intense and so long it cant be....

4 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Anne, I am going through depression for the last 15 months. It has been so hard and I am still in it. You will come out of it . This is my 3rd episode since 2001 - so I know that you will be ok from my own exerprience. Just hold on for some time.

What medicine are you on? Is this your 1st time.?

I have all the symptoms that you have. The side effects are countless and very painful.

Is this your 1st time. It has been 2 years since your depression and if you think that there is no improvement go see your doctor again and also if you have no confidence on your doctor you should change to another. I have a new mental health doctor to see what changes he can make.

We are always will to help on this site.

Keep in touch.

• Posted

Funny doctor - he tells you he does not know what to do. Is this your first time into depression? Do you get help from your family members? Are you home alone most of the time. Are you eating well?

Sorry to ask you so many question - this is because I want to help you.

Keep in touch. It will keep you busy.

• Posted

How did you get into depression? Was it stress or it came just by itself. Was it a relationship problem?

• Posted

i am on cymbalta first week 15mg, then 20mg now 30mg...feel more tired and spacey before i was on prozac 2 or 3 months and awful constant anxiety panic attack but i was not a zombie like this...i have been on almost every meds......before i never had those problems i mean 10 years before i got a med and it worked
    • Posted

doctors, i am deceived by them, they all listen to me but after....i can buy myself meds it would be better!

​i dont know i happened just like that because of a succession of difficulties, i did everything alone and no one helped me, it was too much, i have my mother who is doing every thing, i do nothing, icant . i just walk infront of the flat cant go further....no i hade two depression before but cured with meds with no big problems

• Posted

The 3rd episode takes time - so I was told. This is also my 3rd episode and it is the longest. I know what you are going through -'torture' is the word. We alway have a feeling we are not going to come out. Friends,family and doctors tell us we will be ok - so let us put some faith in it.

For me it is just slightly better but lost 6kg for now.

Do you feel better as the day goes by - in the evening and night.

I am slightly better in the evenings. Morning are worse for me.

Keep in touch.

• Posted

My second episode, its now three years and still not well. Just cant get right meds.  Last time i got new med and fixed in a year.  This is lingering and not responding to meds.  Petrified of ending up in hospital, worst experience of my life. Awaiting new med as have new psychiatrist. Yes i too feel better as day goes by, dr says its diurnal depression but cannot fix it!!!! Do you find it really hard to wake up and get up?  Where can we go from here?
    • Posted

yes , evenings are better , i did not know the third episode was that awful, it is a nightmare, i dont understand why the research cant find a proper med....each time i have an appointment it like running a marathon, my mother has to come with me with taxi , i just cant speak or walk long time, one year like this! the same for you? it is terrible not to overcome the lack of energy, the more i do the more i am tired, no improvement....unlike the to former depression episodes...
  • Posted

Are you under mental health team? Or adult social care? That probably would be a good route to look into. I know someone who has people come into assist them. These carers can come and help you in terms of physical things. Mentally it sounds like you need to ask your GP for a referral to mental health people. As said you go to focus on yourself and the present not your past. Good luck. Its a hard task but don't let people and their crapola get in the way of moving forward. Sounds like you need a new gp.

• Posted

yes i am fed up. my mother is doing everything, there is a nurse coming everyday to talk but they are of no real use, where i live i cant have people doing things for me, it is hard to get social help unless you are very unwell, which is my case indeed but not enough to get help
    • Posted

and i dont nknow to sort things out, i am just exhausted and cant come through it, this is the main problem
  • Posted

So sorry you are feeling so awful, i sympathise so much.  Trying all these meds and not better. Strong family around me and you, but nobody can help you get better. Havent even been out of bed long, thought of walking round the block is ghastly.  Where has this come from. Dr seems at a loss with me.  Every time they try new anti dep i cannot tolerate anything more than low dose befoe having to discontinue.  Anxiety and depression just will not leave me.  Dr is now thinking about another regime, what can we do about this?   I have tried therapy but its impossible when mood isnt right.  Anyone had success on a good regime change?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.