What can I try

Posted , 9 users are following.

After being off work for 2wks I returned 2day and I just couldn't manage I had 2 leave half way through due 2 pain this is really gettin me down now I was nearly crying in the managers office because of the frustration of not managing my job which is embarrassing.

I know it's been hightened with stress but also know this stress is going 2 be around untill the start of june.

I am going back 2 gp in the morning but what can I do I won't take medication because of side effects today I have taken strong pain relief but it's not touching the pain

They say fibro does not get worse with time I will argue that as over the past 2yr mines has definitely got a lot worse and I feel like given up now I can't take anymore

I listen 2 my body and rest when needed but it does no good I still have these awful flares and it's them I can't take anymore

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Chris, I do know 2 people who suffer with Fibro, both who claim their condition has improved from taking nutrtional supplements, one of these people had specific advice for this and the other was using a meal replacement to aid with weight control and felt this had helped with her condition.

Both these people used different companies for their nutrition and neither company makes any 'medical improvement' claims and nor do I but it may be worth considering.

To clarify,I am not a health professional, I am a financial adviser, but do believe in the benefits of nutrition and supplements. 

• Posted

Dear Chris,

Sufferer from Fibromyalgia, and other stuff.  Prescribe med for me did not work cause other organ issues.  I have come to a conclusion about my ill. Sleep deprivation from trauma, apart from other things.   Try getting Celestial Seasonings Tea Sleeptime in grocery store.  Or something with Valerian Root, Chamomille, St. John's Wort, Skullcap, Hops.   Make it very strong.   I throw the bags in the water to boil.  Make sure you take it on Friday night thirty minutes before the bedtime which should be around 8:30 or 9:00pm, when you don't have to get up next morning early, let everyone know do not disturb.  Turn of alarm clocks and phones.  Because your body will rest, cause it needs it.  Then see what happens.  This is not a cure, it is a help.  Helps me to a certain degree.  Try it let me know, your results.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.