What can I try

Posted , 9 users are following.

After being off work for 2wks I returned 2day and I just couldn't manage I had 2 leave half way through due 2 pain this is really gettin me down now I was nearly crying in the managers office because of the frustration of not managing my job which is embarrassing.

I know it's been hightened with stress but also know this stress is going 2 be around untill the start of june.

I am going back 2 gp in the morning but what can I do I won't take medication because of side effects today I have taken strong pain relief but it's not touching the pain

They say fibro does not get worse with time I will argue that as over the past 2yr mines has definitely got a lot worse and I feel like given up now I can't take anymore

I listen 2 my body and rest when needed but it does no good I still have these awful flares and it's them I can't take anymore

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes Chris I firgot to mention, that tiswas recommended I give Collodial Gold a try..so far soooo good, I just bought my next big bottle... 
    • Posted

I just did a search on Colloidal Gold and it sounds like something that I may consider in the coming weeks.

Do let me know how it has benefitted you Christine.

Thanks x wink

• Posted

Hi Christine

I certinly will, it's been dispatched so fingers crossed 😊

• Posted

I just seem to feel so on top of things..very bright..even people I know commented..so it must be that...go for it ...anything that works and is nit a drug..is brilliant..big thanks to tiwas for recommending it..be blessed...will be waiting to hear how you went on it,,I had to give it 3 weeks to kick in..but when it did...wiw!! 
    • Posted

thanks christine26761 

its nice that someone listened to what i said and tried it and its worked so glad your feeling so much better .

• Posted

Thank YOU  tiswas ...I'm nearly finished my big bottle, don't reckon on the new one arriving by Monday...grrr sad...it's fantastic ...I love what us has given me...hope your feeling ok...gentle hugs from across the sea....it's 11am here..Friday of course..I've got nothing much planned, my husband is out, he runs a course..at rehab and half way house and one in the city..3 in all .every week on different days, all voluntary for the City a Mission.. he's been doing them for 10 yrs now..he loves it...I guess it gives him some me time., which he certainly needs, have a lovely day..God bless..:-) xxxrazz
    • Posted

Ding dong..who's there..the courier with my new bottle of Collodial Gold...yay... 
    • Posted

glad it arrived sooner than you thought 

i hope you continue to see improvement 

have a nice day hun  biggrin

• Posted

Hi Chris

It's so frustrating when you are trying to go about your day as in a normal fashion as possible, but there will be days when the pains can take control.

I too keep away from medication if I can help it.  At the moment I am seeking treatment which is Ayruvedic (Herbal meds with massages) I found the massages very painful and have put that on hold but I am on herbal remedies. It does take a while to get into your system. I can truly say I have been taking herbal since Feb 2015 and they have changed one of my syrup ones (by the way they are not pleasant yo take) and I have been on the new syrup since mid March and I have only noticed at the weekend the pains in neck, shoulders and back have reduced slightly.  Although I am still getting hot sweats at night time. I have also had to change my diet.  If you have a an Ayuspa in  your area do check it out.

Also try breathing techniques to calm you down and allow at list 10 mins before going to bed and do some deep breathing. It will help to clear the mind, although it may not stop the pains it can control the levels as your body is calm.

Different techniques work for different people. You can only try !

Hope you are having a better day today. wink x

• Posted

Went to the gp 2day as this was the first available app they had they signed me off for a month I am gettin worried I could lose my job through this now but I can't go to work feeling the way I do

I was wrongly diagnosed with another health issue for 10yr

If fibro doesn't get worse I keep thinking could this actually be MS I have as again MS has flares

A few weeks ago 1 side of my face went numb like when u have the injection at the dentist it felt rubbery it was very strange as it effected my lip/chin but only half it was like a line down my chin/lip half was numb and the other side was fine maybe that's what's making me question the fibro diagnosis or has anyone else get that??

• Posted

Hi Chris, This is very worrying for you, I was ins similar situation in 2013 after having nearly 6 months off I tried to go back and lasted two days I couldn't do another day even if they paid me a million pounds,

But I pulled through with the help of Gabapentin and naproxen along with the medication I had for Lupus,

I also hate taking medication but needs must on times, I'm lucky I don't react to meds in a bad way and never ( fingers crossed ) have side effects.

A few times Ive felt one side of my face feels numb normally from my right ear down the side of my jaw lip and chin but think it's from a bad neck / shoulder ? Are you in pain in that area as well ?

Thoughts are with you it's bad enough worrying about our health without fearing our jobs as well.

Leona

• Posted

Hi Leona

Thanks for the reply I am worries but I will give it a very good try gettin back 2 work as I enjoy my work and also having to give it up would be this beating me down even more

There was no pain just the exact same feelin from the dentist jag it lasted about 5 hrs

• Posted

Also the numbness wasn't the whole face just a quatre of it from my lip up my jaw and my cheek but stopped before my cheek bone I have never said to the gp as 2bh as much as it was frightening at the time I forgot by the time I seen gp next and it's never happened again

When u get that injection from dentist and it's wearing off you touch your lip and it feels rubbery and fat that exactly what I was like

• Posted

Mmm try jotting these things down so when you go to GP you will remember,

Unless your like me and forget where I wrote it 😃

It's important it's like parts of a jigsaw for them to put together.

• Posted

Hi Chris, I too have problems with my facial nerves, mainly on the left side, from the outside corner of my eye down to to just above the corner of my lip. The tingling is there most of the time but occasionally my eyelid is slower to open /close. Occasionally my speech is affected as my lip goes numb and I can't say my Fs properly. I have recently had sn MRI of the head and spine and all is clear,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.