What causes a weak intestine? Inflammation?

Posted , 7 users are following.

What causes the small intestine to be weak and spasm? Also, having lots of food allergies, and cant seem to gain weight. What can I do for the inflammation? My digestive is constantly in overdrive, meaning the muscles spasm constantly, no pain but i can see it pulsating all day. Difficult to eat because of the food allergies and the pulsating.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you seen a gastroenterologist?

• Posted

I have and she wants to do more bloodwork and schedule a ct scan. I also did a gut test with an intergrative dr and gut test showed inflammation and overgrowth of bad bacteria.

• Posted

Hi mary27278

Proteolytic Enzymes are well documented for inflammation. Check if they are suitable for you or speak with your medical practitioner if you are thinking of taking them.....best wishes

• Posted

My intergrative dr actually put me on digestive enzymes. I read the ingredients in the proteolytic and its a bit different, what is the difference than regular enzymes?

• Posted

Hi mary27278

Proteolytic enzymes deal with inflammation. Ask your intergrative doctor about them if you are thinking of taking them....good wishes..

• Posted

Have you excluded the foods you are intolerant to?

• Posted

Pippa my list of foods is very long. I pretty much eat the same thing daily,. My dr suspect something such as environmental toxic (mold), mercury or leaky gut is causing the food allergies and the gut issues. I think so too.

• Posted

Pippa I pretty much eat the same thing daily. My food allergy list is very long. My dr suspect something such as environmental toxic is contributing to the allergies. ) mold, mercury, etc. Also the gut issues.

• Posted

At this point I don't really know what to do. My Gi dr gave me an order to do ct scan, antibiotics for overgrowth for bacteria, by the way an antibiotic that I am allergic too. Then I told her that I don't like taking antibiotic because it irritates my gut. ( I have gastritis too) She also gave me a presc of PPI ( which it makes me feel even worse, tried telling her but didn't want to hear it ) The holistic dr on the other hand is treating me according to my gut test ( overgrowth of bacteria) . My gut test showed i'm missing something called Buytric acid ( which prevents inflammation in gut) So I was put on this supplement. But it seem to take my appetite away in which I don't like considering the weight I've already lost. Though the GI dr tried to treat the overgrowth but with antibiotics.

• Posted

Maybe tell your holistic doctor that the supplements are causing side effects and ask about foods containing Buytric acid which you could try instead and may be easier on your gut. I wouldn't bother going back to your GI since she is insisting on giving you medicines that you are allergic to. Obviously, she is determined not to listen to your genuine concerns.

• Posted

Hi Mary , you could have a blockage , have you had this tested ? Sometimes an overgrowth of bacteria can cause your symptoms . Try recipe of raw apple vinegar cider , this kills bad bacteria , and flushes them out . It also improves and replaces enzymes in your gut system .. Drink 3 cups daily for 2 weeks , see the results

• Posted

Raw vinegar cider recipe : 1 Table spoon of cider , 1Tablespoon of raw honey 1 Cup of water

• Posted

Vicky, my dr is sending me for a ct scan, I havent gone yet because #1 I didnt have the funds to pay for it and #2 I have really bad health anxiety. I'm going through perimenopause too and since going through peri all sorts of symptoms seem to pop up which has given me reall bad anxiety. I see a chiropractor/holistic dr and he goes way beyond any type of chiro/ holistic i know. He said he could test and see if i have twisted colon or blockage and he did some weird type techniques on me and said it was neither. But the only thing he picked up was colon spasm. He explained how we have muscles in our gut and the my muscles are tightening up along with the inflammation also. He does reiki, and all sorts of weird things. I drank some grapefruit juice and lemon juice yesterday and the area seem to be inflamed, heavy and puffy again. It had went away after his procedure on Friday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.