What causes a weak intestine? Inflammation?

Posted , 7 users are following.

What causes the small intestine to be weak and spasm? Also, having lots of food allergies, and cant seem to gain weight. What can I do for the inflammation? My digestive is constantly in overdrive, meaning the muscles spasm constantly, no pain but i can see it pulsating all day. Difficult to eat because of the food allergies and the pulsating.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi just wondering if your spasms feel like fetal movements?? I'm driving myself crazy with this at the moment. long story short I was told 4months ago I had inflammation to the intestines and a gut bacterial infection, this has not improved but daily I feel as if I have a baby moving around in there, 15+ negative pregnancy tests, normal regular periods, 0 pregnancy symptoms and negative ultrasound should be enough to ensure me I'm not pregnant so trying to figure out an answer

• Posted

Hi Claire, do you mean if I can see the gut moving ? Yes I can feel and see it moving like a fetal. I know that I'm not pregnant. I'm going through perimenopause and its been so weird symptoms since it hit me. It seem as though all other symptoms have decreased but mainly the gut. What did you do for the inflammation and bacterial infection? I did a gut test and it showed inflammation, overgrowth of bacteria called citrobacter ( which dr said is causing the inflammation) and very low in Buytratic acid which is beneficial to fight inflammation in gut.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.