What causes your flare-ups?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Ive notice time and time again, anytime I'm stressed out, exhausted or over worked my symptoms flare up and I mean all of them. The headaches, numbness in my face, feet, hands, pain in my neck and back. Racing heart thanks to SVT now, slurred speech, confusion.. the list goes on. My symptoms will last for days and wont stop until I stop. Lately I've been working a lot, I have a full time job and a part time jobs so I have NO days off and my body is going crazy!! I'm only working the part time jobs to help the facility out for a short time, I have yet to actually have a full drop attack but the rate I'm going, it feels like I will have one soon. Do you notice that different things cause your symptoms to flare-up too??

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm currently in the middle of a flare up. i had two seizures just this morning. my chiari has caused me to seize and aspirate in my sleep twice. my poor mother found me in a coma, seconds from death twice. I barely was taking a breath a minute and my heart was giving me one or two extremely weak beats per minute . I'm trying to find info on what causes flare ups. aside from stress and exhaustion. (that's always been my life for 42 years.) i feel like if i bend over, i will have to catch my eyeballs. there is so much pressure. if i stand up there's an extremely good chance that ill have another seizure. i always feel so guilty when my kids have to witness one. i definitely do ont want one of them to find me almost dead. when the ambulance comes, no matter what the EMTs ate told about my medical history, they narcan the crap out of me. they've knocked out my teeth because i seized during intubation. I'm terrified of surgery. I've seen that scar and I've met women that look like they've had strokes after surgery . I'm extremely scared that i passed it yo my kids

• Posted

Hi,

I've changed my diet and found it has helped massively - I am sure there is a post somewhere about reducing carbs and focusing on proteins etc? I also find intermittent fasting makes a difference as my body can digest everything properly and I wake up earlier and much more refreshed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.