What do you ladies think about the effect of Stress and High Expectations on our FM?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I personally believe that Stress and past Trauma have had and still have a tremendous impact on our symptoms. Low Self Esteem and Low Self Worth, not feeling like we measure up, can create pressure on us so that we cannot find the peace that is essential to cope. Many things happen in our lives to create beliefs about ourselves that seem to be written in concrete in our minds.  I have experienced this in my own life and only when I began to work on building my own self worth and taking better care of my emotions and health, did I begin to enjoy my very existence and take pleasure in simple everyday things that I was missing out on due to worry or comparisons with others. What do you Ladies think about this crucial aspect on our well being?

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I definitely believe stress has a big impact on our symptoms was in a difficult abusive relationship until a couple of months ago a I have noticed a big improvement in my fibro since getting myself out of that situation it's such a welcome relief and has given me a reason to be positive rather than always stuck in the mindset of negativity and feeling that I will never be able to function like a normal person it's still a struggle as I have a 2 year old to care for but no where near as bad as before and I've been getting help from my health visitor witch iwas worried about asking for at first as I thought they might say I can not cope with my son on my own but she has been so supportive i wish I had asked for the help ages ago I also have been having some therapy it's really helped me to learn techniques to be positive rather than negative
    • Posted

I am so happy for you Naomi! The more self worth you build, the less likelihood of you ever getting into or attracting an abusive relationship. These abusive ones seem to 'sniff' out a vulnerable and sensitive person. Seeking help is one way of giving yourself the nurturing you so deserve Naomi. You have a beautiful Biblical name of a strong loving woman who went through many trials and was blessed in the end. You too will have blessings Naomi. Believe it. You will now be more equipped to be the mother your son needs. It is hard to fill the needs of our loved ones when we are struggling with abuse. I speak from experience. Get yourself some self help books on self esteem Naomi. Do personality tests online. There are free ones. Get to know your strengths and qualities. Get the rubbish out of your mind that abuse puts there! It is all lies. They dump their own self loathing onto their victims. You cannot fix them. They have to change on their own. You must concentrate on yours and your sons best interests from now on. Don't wonder why you have Fibromyalgia girl! Why would you not! Take care of yourself. Show yourself the kindness you so deserve. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.