What do you look forward to doing again when your knee is better?

Posted , 15 users are following.

I thought it might be fun to think about what we do get to do again when we heal.  

Well already I'm able to walk 1 mile with less pain than before the op, although I pay for it a little later.   I look forward to:

Going to the Zoo and the updated museum.

Going fishing and wading a stream casting for trout. 

Riding my bicycle without pain.

Maybe even dancing with a pretty lady.

What do you folks look forward to doing?

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

After knee number two next week, I'm looking forward to walking out with my family and playing more with my two small grandsons. Going shopping with my daughters.

Can't remember the last time I walked without hobbling along!

• Posted

Lifting up my grandson and letting him jump on me

Swimming in the pool and sea in Cyprus

Jogging on the seashore

Dancing on tables

Hopping on one leg at the gym

Running up and down stairs

Not sure if this is a good idea as it's just reminded me of all the things I can't do for ages! Actually even to walk up and down sttairs would be great.

• Posted

Gardening. I have A quarter of an acre and is my passion xx
  • Posted

I look forward to riding my bicycle n the trails, and walking as far as I can walk and not have pain. I know I wont do any gardening because my bend is not perfect and I'm going to leave it as it is. And dancing with a bit of a heel. 
  • Posted

I look forward to long walks with my dog in the mornings, five or six miles, as soon as I wake up at 6.00/6.30am. I also want to get back to walking holidays in Spain so much more to see! I am studying Spanish so need to pass my exam in May and go on to the next level and more visits , not just walking, but getting around using my Spanish. 
    • Posted

Dog walking is almost like meditation unless you are gritting your teeth and hobbling along.  I too have been "Studying" Spanish but very casually (read "lazy").  Mi español no es bueno.   I will keep trying. Spain is on the bucket list.  I've been to Mexico a few  times and I'm in trouble after a sentence or two! 
  • Posted

I very much look forward to recovering from this knee replacement .to have the other knee done and then the big operation on my foot. Then I'm really looking forward to just being able to walk with my dog with no pain. and all the everyday stuff that is so hard and then I will book a holiday to see my step daughter in Seattle. And making the most of life which has been so restricted for so long! May I wish all you super people on this site all the things you wish for.I couldn't do this journey without you all x
  • Posted

Back to Zumba dancing, racing my grandchildren and more Cruise holidays! At 81? Why not otherwise what's the pont of all that discomfort?
  • Posted

Walking on the beach at the edge of the sea at sunset, swimming breaststroke (cant seem to move the knee that way at the moment!).  Would love to ride a horse again, but I think I've really gone beyond that possibility now. . .rolleyes But I'll be happy just to have no more pain and sleep at night!

• Posted

yeah, the walking without pain is amazing at this point.  I have a friend and she shows quarter horses about 40 miles north.  She told me to come up and ride when I'm ready...  
    • Posted

Lucky you!  Hope you're soon ready! I can't imagine every being able to mount with my operated leg. . I'd have to mount from the right!  Nope, think it will have to remain a wonderful memory! Always loved riding since I was about four and it's sad to think ee lets me! it's in the past.  Still, lots of other things to do once the kn
    • Posted

Well you just never know Tenerife!   It may be awhile before I can ride but hopefully  this summer?  I'm happy with just re-learning to walk right now.  It is rainy here today and the knee is feeling it!       I am going to walk a little today.  It's funny: I'm tentative about getting started because I just associate walking with pain.  It will be great when I don't even think about it.   Hope things are progressing for you!
    • Posted

Knee really stiff, and bend nowhere near as good as yesterday . .one of those days!  I shall just stick to one kilometre today!  Just realised that in the last post my cursor jumped . . yet again . .making it gibberish . . Tried everything Apple advises, and nothing will cure it!  
    • Posted

Did you try this:

The simplest fix is ensuring you’re not accidentally bumping your trackpad while you type. Go into Apple Menu > System Preferences and check your trackpad settings. For Snow Leopard, there’s a “Trackpad” section, while for earlier Mac OS X systems it will be under “Mouse & Keyboard“. Open this and ensure that “Ignore accidental trackpad input” is selected. For many users, this will sort the problem out for you in no time.

• Posted

I'll give it a try . . thanks . something which actually improved it a bit (curious, I thought) was removing my wedding ring! (one of apple's many suggestions!)  But it still does it, some days much worse than others.  
    • Posted

Hmmm preferences, trackpad . . but nowhere "ignore accidental trackpad input' unfortunately. Yosemite, Spanish installed. . . just a lot of different trackpad possibilities, but nothing else! thanks anyway!
    • Posted

If you have a USB mouse available, you may want to try that.  I see a lot of hits with Yosemite for cursor problems.  I would include some links but the moderator will intercept them never to be seen again in our lifetimes.
    • Posted

thanks . the problem was there even before I upgraded to Yosemite.  Might try a mouse when I am typing long documents. It really drives me mad then!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.