What do you look forward to doing again when your knee is better?

Posted , 15 users are following.

I thought it might be fun to think about what we do get to do again when we heal.  

Well already I'm able to walk 1 mile with less pain than before the op, although I pay for it a little later.   I look forward to:

Going to the Zoo and the updated museum.

Going fishing and wading a stream casting for trout. 

Riding my bicycle without pain.

Maybe even dancing with a pretty lady.

What do you folks look forward to doing?

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'd love to go up & down the stairs like a normal adult & not like a 2 year old! - Speed walk with our two dogs to help keep my weight steady, instead of slowly plodding & saying "can we go back now" after less than a mile - climb onto the drop-down bed in our motorhome, so I can enjoy all the short breaks & weeks away I have mentally planned.......the list goes on & on.......
  • Posted

Enjoy walks on our holidays again.

Wear heels (just low ones) and dance at my son's wedding in December. 

Play with my grandchildren without a thought for "the knee"!

At nearly 8 months - I'm getting there 😊 

Jen 

• Posted

This time last year I was a guide dog puppy walker I had to put it on hold  because of my knee problems. I get my tkr at the end of this month and getting back to the puppies is my incentive to get mobile and is the thing I look forward to most
    • Posted

Wow that sounds great. I'm an animal lover.  I have a cat and usually have a dog.  My Dog passed 2 years ago and I'm helping my sister (she has MD) with her 100lb Bernise Mountain Dog.  I was able to clean out his pen yesterday and am a bit sore from that.  I'm hoping I can walk him pretty soon.  He is a bit of a handful but does mind me pretty well.  Anyway... that sounds like a great thing. 
    • Posted

that dog weighs nearly as much as me! puppy walking is wonderful, more a way of life than a hobby but I have had  some wonderful pups and the buzz when they qualify as guide dogs is amazing, happy days

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.