What has been your absolute worst symptom of (peri)menopause?

Posted , 57 users are following.

Hi All,

There is such a wealth of experience on this forum, I was just wondering which symptoms of (peri)menopause would top the list as the worst of the long list we are suffering.

Ok, I'll start - for me (so far!) it would be depression/anxiety. That's two symptoms but they go together. (A close third would be digestive problems.)

If you could be rid of just one symptom what would it be?

4 likes, 126 replies

126 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi Ruthie 

ummm .. Post meno 

i would like to rid the no energy shaky feeling ( and i have a good diet) 

achy body, and have my drive back which wanes alot ..

I could go on but i wont 😑

jay x

• Edited

Been no improvement with those from Peri to post meno 

( i am about 20 months post meno ) no HRT

jay x

• Posted

Yay post meno........oh the joys smile

Depression and anxiety deffo sad

STILL hot flushes sad

No HRT either sad

Been 5 years since last period..............

I'm 56 by the way........

• Posted

Hi Linda 

i am 51 in June 

yep my flushes returned last summer, was having up to 20 severe ones a day in the intense summer heat here ( they had stopped years ago and booosh restarted again) now its spanish winter they have calmed, still get the odd one, but dreading the heat this summer incase they are still going to affect me again 

i take Vit E 400iu to help now 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jay,

It must be a relief to be post meno but it seems the symptoms take a while to go. I'm still in peri and hate that shakey feeling. the fatigue can be so draining.

• Edited

Hi ruthie 

think i preferred peri to post meno 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jay want rid of the b.....y lot. Not one .Wish more post meno ladies got on these sites ,Im still having flushes ,go to bed all I do is duvet on. duvet off .All night long some nights ,I've had these now for years  my next door neighbours mum ,still having them well into her 80's ,really bad she says 

Hope your putting your feet up.xxxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene 

OMG in her 80's and having flushes still..

Jeeeez theres no hope hahahahaha

nope, i am busy busy here, no feet up, just stop for a drink and have a look on here for ten mins 😑

plane crash in Alps, how terrible, so sad 

jay x

• Posted

Hiya won't help your back being on the Go,Go Jay .your end getting seized up ,overdo it .What you like .

Yes she was like it at 72 still ,slowed down thought well that's it done  no back it came worse ,so hormones weren't done even then .When do they run out ? Said worst part of her life post meno .

Not seen the news as yet ,lot of sad families today xxx

• Posted

Hi Jay awwwww nooooooo sad  I do find the hot flushes bad in summer but since here in the UK we don't get much 'hot' weather it's not as bad as you are experiencing sad  I take multi vitamins and  cod liver oil smile

Sending hugs xx

• Posted

Hi linda 

Vit E 400iu is helpful 

i stopped having flushes mid peri, and they came back post meno

i use to take a supplement called Estroven Max and never had one flush.

think i may be getting me some more 😑

jay x

• Posted

Oh thats good to hear - I'll give it a go smile 

Never heard of Estroven Max will have to check it out with HB here in the UK..........Thanks for this tip smile xxx

• Posted

Jay do you mean oestrogen?? Is this possibly an oestrogen supp?
    • Posted

Hi linda 

dont think H&B sell them

no they are not an estrogen .. They are just called Estroven ..

rainforest food Maca 5.1 capsules ( amazon ) are good too

and B6 

jay x

• Posted

Estroven ingredients 

Ingredients

Each caplet contains: Vitamin E 30IU; Thiamin 2mg; Riboflavin 2mg; Niacin 20mg; Vitamin B-6 10mg; Folate 400mcg; Vitamin B-12 6mcg; Calcium 150mg; Selenium 70mcg; Estroven Calming Herbal Blend (proprietary blend of Date seed extract [ Zizyphus spinosa ] and Magnolia bark extract) 150mg; Isoflavones (from Pueraria lobata root extract and GMO-free soybeans) 55mg; Black cohosh root standardized extract 40mg, Boron 1.5mg.

Estroven helps to naturally support hormonal balance with ingredients known to be good sources of phytoestrogens. Phytoestrogens are naturally occurring compounds found in many plants including soybeans, whole grain cereals, seeds, nuts and many herbs. Phytoestrogens have a structure similar to that of the estrogen produced in your body and help support hormonal balance.* Studies have shown that women who consume foods high in phytoestrogens experience less dramatic hormone fluctuations during menopause.* 

• Posted

Ok thanks Jay I'll certainly look into this thank you smile

We women go through sooo much sad 

Lol xx

• Posted

Ladies, as awful it is for us, unless we have any severe vaginal problem, we can have sex until we are 80 - not that we will want to, lol.  Poor guys, I pity them...  Many can not have sex around 50 anymore, and many women are not understanding sad - would I be? i hope I do not have to figure it out.  And they develop depression as same as us, because of hormonal umbalance. I think,  in the end, we are the lucky ones - we have babies, we live longer, WE ARE SMARTER, lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.